IW STi Forum banner
1901 - 1920 of 1953 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,903 · (Edited)
Turbo kit plus other goodies.

I agree, it is some high quality packaging.

I have to use the opportunity to thank Fullrace, specifically Jay and Geoff. I appreciate the support Geoff!

A lot of things are happening in the background. As I said this is one of the biggest changes we have made to the car in years. This phase will complete in approximately 3weeks. Then I will be able to share a lot of pictures.
I think, after completion, TBAG will stay in this phase forever with only minor minor changes.

Engine wise. Current engine is a 2+ GIR race engine. P2P racing is my engine supplier and will stay a supporter. As I have said before, as good as anyone.
We have a verbal agreement for back up engines. I may try a set of their cnc heads too.

Ps, seems like WTAC 21 is going ahead.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
Very
Turbo kit plus other goodies.

I agree, it is some high quality packaging.

I have to use tye opportunity to thank Fullrace specifically Jay and Geoff. I appreciate the support Geoff!

A lot of things are happening in the background. As I said this is one of the biggest changes we have made to the car in years. This phase will complete in approximately 3weeks. Then I will be able to share a lot of pictures.
I think, after completion, TBAG will stay in this phase forever with only minor minor changes.

Engine wise. Current engine is a 2+ GIR race engine. P2P racing is my engine supplier and will stay a supporter. As I have said before, as good as anyone.
We have a verbal agreement for back up engines. I may try a set of their cnc heads too.

Ps, seems like WTAC 21 is going ahead.

nice. What turbo?

and heck yeah to wtac21

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Group N bearings? 5x114.3? Any part numbers to share?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,914 ·
Japanparts part number: 1008P-002-007

Dont have the Subaru part number unfortunately.

Tried the group N shifter. Much better feel vs an oem with upgraded every bushing in sight plus a short shifter. Throws are oem long now but with less resistance and better feel now.

Cae shifter?
Would be great for a synchronized gearbox, specifically for a road car.

·
Registered
776 Posts
so i just read through your whole thread over the past few days. i hadnt done so before. Good on you for sticking with it through all the terrible shops you have encountered. That's super inspirational that you stayed with it and are now doing well with it.

off topic, but how is that rear wing setup? is it mounted to the chassis? i didnt see any pics that really showed how it was mounted. i'm just curious cause i'll be adding a wing in the next couple of months, (at least i want to). and it looks like i'll be buying a wing and building the mounts/uprights with a friend of mine.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,916 ·
so i just read through your whole thread over the past few days. i hadnt done so before. Good on you for sticking with it through all the terrible shops you have encountered. That's super inspirational that you stayed with it and are now doing well with it.

off topic, but how is that rear wing setup? is it mounted to the chassis? i didnt see any pics that really showed how it was mounted. i'm just curious cause i'll be adding a wing in the next couple of months, (at least i want to). and it looks like i'll be buying a wing and building the mounts/uprights with a friend of mine.
Thank you. It has been a long journey.
After I went to GIR, everything improved.

It is mounted to the rear of the body and the upper trunk rail with some reinforcement. Not ideal but that has done the job. Over last 4 years we have seen some body damage because of downforce. We are in the process of chassis mounting as we speak.

So if you wing is serious, go chassis mount.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Thank you. It has been a long journey.
After I went to GIR, everything improved.

It is mounted to the rear of the body and the upper trunk rail with some reinforcement. Not ideal but that has done the job. Over last 4 years we have seen some body damage because of downforce. We are in the process of chassis mounting as we speak.

So if you wing is serious, go chassis mount.

chassis mount it is lol. idk how much downforce it'll put out. for now it's a simple 9LR wing. kinda entry level. it'll be more than the stock sti wing but not as much as the massive ones. it's what is allowed size wise in class and ive heard good things (it's also aluminum and very much affordable cause i'm poor now that i just bought a house haha)

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,918 ·
chassis mount it is lol. idk how much downforce it'll put out. for now it's a simple 9LR wing. kinda entry level. it'll be more than the stock sti wing but not as much as the massive ones. it's what is allowed size wise in class and ive heard good things (it's also aluminum and very much affordable cause i'm poor now that i just bought a house haha)
Over years, what I learnt was, wherever I saved money, I ended up spending more to correct it. Do it once, do it the best for the purpose its going to serve.

In the meantime:

·
Registered
776 Posts
^^^that looks nice. what turbo did you end up running?

and yes. i know the saying haha. buy once cry once. i too, have learned that if i cheap out the first time i end up replacing parts and spending more than if i initially got the better one i really wanted.

1901 - 1920 of 1953 Posts