IW STi Forum banner

1881 - 1886 of 1886 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,881
New engine is in and its running. Next, dyno break in and the actual tune.

A lot of subtle improvements and additional control and safety mechanisms.
We are holding off on aero update as the car is fast enough for now. After we max our current pace we will install aero updates.

Eagle eyed will notice some of improvements.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hope all is well with your new engine! Car looks amazing.

Btw i was watching alot of old hot version/Best Motoring stuff during the pandemic and for once they were not in Japan and didn't think much of the video but suddenly saw a familiar looking bugeye ; )

The thumbnail is standard but clicking it will get you to the exact time you are first in picture. Your car gets in the picture a few times in the pits.

You've probably seen the video already and knew Keiichi Tsuchiya was there but yeah i'm proper late for this comment as it's 2 years ago. Anyway hope you got the see the legend himself : ) must have been an awesome day.

Also i apologise if this has already been mentioned. I tried to look for it in your journal posts from before oct 18' and didn't come across the video.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,883
All good my friend. Why apologize for doing me a favour?

Yes, I saw him but didn't get to meet him as there were 256765 people trying to get his signature. Very polite and friendly guy. Waved at us while we were preparing for session one.

Yes tge best motoring guys were focusing on the 670hp? S2k next door. Lonewolf Racing or new name Vanta. We got some limited footage too.

I took a photo with Taniguchi back in 2016 I think. I really like his driving style.

Thank you for thumb nailing the video. Appreciate it!

Thank you, the car looks good. Cant wait to get back on track when the plandemic is over.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,884
Update,

Still stabilizing the plandemic effects.

As you know, a whole host of electronics. Individual EGTs, crank case pressure, coolant pressure have been added.

New engine in, broken in last few weeks and was on dyno for all the revs and all the boost run and refining the tune and parameters.

Big changes on the horizon, we will be changing turbo and cooling package.

More info later.

IMG_20200703_173937_681.jpg
Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File VID_115600721_102138_106.mp4

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,699 Posts
Cool looking very nice right there and sounds great!

1881 - 1886 of 1886 Posts