IW STi Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1878 Posts

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Re: Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RS!

Q rack are belly up aren't they??
gone but not forgotten. i've got one of his 11.5:1 racks. it may turn out to be too fast with the aero we're using.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #143

I have changed my mind...temporarily. I will be getting a new Spec C one when it is time.

·
Registered
591 Posts

gone but not forgotten. i've got one of his 11.5:1 racks. it may turn out to be too fast with the aero we're using.
I have a 9.1:1, I find it just fine, it feels like it should have been stock, you adapt very quick to it.

Going with the Spec c is the easy way, no need to worry about parts.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)

So here is the "big" update:

Traveled to Adelaide. Spent the day with Mario and Lino, working on my car.

They found it funny that I kept calling every kind of plier a "foreceps".

I also got to give a bit of hand. Their reaction to my skills :D was comments like "only good with humans".

Overall, really enjoyed the day and was very happy with quality of work and attention to detail they were showing. Big thanks to Mario and Lino.

Also thanks to David/Funk32, answering my question so quickly despite being 14181km away. :tup:

I will try to provide a pictorial progress note:

Disclaimer, iphone pictures and I am bad with camera...err, I hate taking pictures. :D

Timing gear, new AVCS selonoid and CAM sensors in. Kevlar timing bellt in.

Element Pro Comp closed deck race engine

Dry sump pan

Cusco mounts are bigger with more metal. Two of the screws were too close to the TSS front subframe. Mario modifying the screws until he was satisfied with the clearance of a vibrating engine.

My diff cover and LSD in the background.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #155 (Edited)

You can guess the orientation of the components in the trunk/boot :D

We could not fit the Beatrush trunk cage as we had to sacrifice the TIC Xbrace and I did not want to. Will be fabricating and welding custom brackets.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #156 (Edited)

ABARTH story:

While we were there we had a special guest. Mario's CF guy (ex Ferrari F1 CF employee) dropped by:

Fiat 500 shell, reconditioned and seam welded. Built engine with custom headers, head work (by Mario) and ITB.

Independent suspension instead of leaf springs (custom obviously) and four corner sports disc brakes with Bilstein dampers. :eek:

Reconditioned leather trimmed cobra seats.

The carbon bits are dry carbon and built by the guy. Oh, did I mention...he will be helping us with few things :tup:

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts

I saw one of those at this years Woodward dream cruise buildup with an aluminum supercharged V8 stuffed in the back.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #158

I saw one of those at this years Woodward dream cruise buildup with an aluminum supercharged V8 stuffed in the back.
With that width and wheel base, he was just asking for trouble :lol:

This one was very very nice, well executed and finished. Loved it.

·
Registered
591 Posts

loving the pics!!! i take it you are mounting the oil res in the rear? are you going to route the breather back to the front or figure out a vent in the rear? I would think you might smell it if you just let it vent in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #160

loving the pics!!! i take it you are mounting the oil res in the rear? are you going to route the breather back to the front or figure out a vent in the rear? I would think you might smell it if you just let it vent in the trunk.
Thanks David.

Yes, tank in the back and breather in the back also.

Beatrush firewall will isolate it and the CF guy may be doing something for us also.

We need the custom brackets for the trunk cage asap as everything will be mounting to them.

141 - 160 of 1878 Posts