IW STi Forum banner

221 - 240 of 1879 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Re: Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RS!

Thanks for the detailed response. Looks like you'll be busy a while completing the list. I think more pictures are required!

WRT Ti, Mg, CF, etc., I can relate. I'm a certified hi-tech materials slut. I'd like to have a radar-transparent Stealth Sti.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #223 (Edited)

Good news and bad:

Good: Mechanicals are 99% done.

Bad: Electrical expert will not give us time till end of Jan!

I will not affect us heavily as there only few hill climb events till Jan end.

·
Registered
591 Posts

Actually two months at least , end of Jan you see. And then we still have break in and dyno.
OUCH! Still will be ready before me, I should have the motor back in by than and hoping the rest of the car back together.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #228 (Edited)

Just got confirmation, due to tubular sub frames, my car is illegal for street class...

I am quite disappointed...This project goal was not a Clubsprint time attack car, so I am not worried about this but still...

I suppose I still can enter, in open class, just for the sake of having fun. I will have my a$# handed to me by 700whp+ cars with sequential box and heavy aero.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts

you and I are in the same boat. I always buy more advanced equipment and grow into it. it's a lifestyle choice. lol

it's the level of car I want to race that's important to me. I'm just going to keep working on my race craft and get as fast as I can in the years I've got left.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

I suppose I still can enter, in open class, just for the sake of having fun. I will have my a$# handed to me by 700whp+ cars with sequential box and heavy aero.
Sounds like the devil is living in the details, as usual.

Take your time, consider the options.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #231

you and I are in the same boat. I always buy more advanced equipment and grow into it. it's a lifestyle choice. lol

it's the level of car I want to race that's important to me. I'm just going to keep working on my race craft and get as fast as I can in the years I've got left.

Exactly as you said. The project is a fun club sport STI. I never planned for WTAC till recently and I tried to make it comply with rules in case I wanted to have a go at it.

Facts, I like the car with the tubular subframes which is just above clubsprint class. So essentially somewhere in between.

Sounds like the devil is living in the details, as usual.

Take your time, consider the options.

Thanks.

Yes...as usual :-/

There is still a lot to learn with more driving and lots of State and national level events to take part in.

Regrets?
Absolutely nothing

Just mild disappointment.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #232 (Edited)

Talked to few people.

We will be swapping sub frames for WTAC.
Need to talk to some shops and see if we can put 9.5inch wheels under the car with more pulling and more camber.

Ps, a surprise coming...it is aesthetical ;-)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #233

Looks like, I am forced to go 5x114 thanks to Myles :)

Now, need to get hold of LIC Motorsport.

This actually will work well, as I am not very enthusiastic putting 1.6g through those 10 y/o uprights anymore. Better bearing, better geometry with LIC kit and better coil overs (hint).

Now, need to talk to Mr T3h clap for wheels, offset and...

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts

We will be swapping sub frames for WTAC.
smart.

Looks like, I am forced to go 5x114 thanks to Myles :)

Now, need to get hold of LIC Motorsport.

This actually will work well, as I am not very enthusiastic putting 1.6g through those 10 y/o uprights anymore. Better bearing, better geometry with LIC kit and better coil overs (hint).

Now, need to talk to Mr T3h clap for wheels, offset and...
now youre talking!

what coilover setup is myles hooking you up with?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #235

smart.

now youre talking!

what coilover setup is myles hooking you up with?

I have talked to an ex rally technician. They will reinforce the stock ones for WTAC.

RCE Tarmac 3 with swift R springs.

Now if I was going downforce and stuff, I would have gotten Phil's custom BC ERs but since I am not at least for now, T3 it is.

221 - 240 of 1879 Posts