·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #201 (Edited)
Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RS!

Thanks David. Noted!

Yes very close!

Strut brace deleted.

The bars attach to the chassis directly with the new brackets.

Cusco brace not in the picture as we had to modify it to fit with other braces.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Re: Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RS!

We are getting closer:

Ordered:

1- Two STI pink performance oil filters. One for break in and one for after.

2- Motul 300V, gearbox oil, to replace the current redline lightweight shockproof.

3- DEI gold tape, 2 rolls

6th Dec is the last open session at local race track. We really have to make it otherwise it will be summer heat and things are off for a few months.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

6th Dec is the last open session at local race track. We really have to make it otherwise it will be summer heat and things are off for a few months.
Good luck getting out for a few laps. What do you think the odds are of making it?

·
Registered
591 Posts

looks great! good to see you got the transmission x member.

I hope you make it out, I want to see a video of this beast out on the attack.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts

We are getting closer:

6th Dec is the last open session at local race track. We really have to make it
so, how's it looking?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #206 (Edited)

Good luck getting out for a few laps. What do you think the odds are of making it?

so, how's it looking?
They are working on it. The problem is that I need dedicated time on my car which is hard. For example last Friday, I was hoping I get majority of the day spent on my car. Then comes this yellow 458 and taking half of the day. I was so pissed I didnt take any pictures from it. Lol.

Some of the things that need to be done:

Fit the inter cooler, oil tanks and stuff in the back with routing which will be a problem

The inter cooler needs a plate to block off the bov port and I am thinking it can be used for water injection?

O2 sensor on Fullrace dp has to be blocked/TIG welded as hydra only uses its own WB sensor and doesn't need it.

Nothing electrical has been done so, ECU, harness, boost controller, AIM dash. The dash monitor needs a carbon plate and we will try to put the Eboost2 and hydramist gauge in the cluster. Need to retain blinkers, fuel gauge and IC water spray gauge.

Scat pipes to be routed with the Chargespeed brake ducts.

I am sure there is a whole lot more that I have forgotten.

As many of you have done it, it always comes down to last minute. But I would prefer them to do a nice and tidy job than rushing things.

If we can make it, awesome: proper shake down and testing on track which will also serve as continuation of dyno engine break in process.

If not, oh well, will have some time to perfect it.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #207 (Edited)

Quick dumb question:

Deleted, because David answered my question and I did not want other people to know how silly I am. :D

·
Registered
591 Posts

not sure what you mean? your ride hight shouldn't change by much if at all when using tires/rims that have the same ratio as stock.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #209

Yes, thanks to you and Troy at Prospeed Racing for quick delivery.

We painted it rather than powder coating which is not ideal imho but will do with some gold tape, where its closest to exhaust.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #210 (Edited)

1- Updated the main page to include the new modifications. It is a bit messy as some of the parts are new for example carbon mirrors. But I thought it would be more simple than making an old and a new list, repeating a lot of things.

2- Made and enquiry for some secret (for now) items. Only hint is that first I am determined to finish the project soon. And that includes the items in "next step" part. Any guesses? ;)

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts

Made and enquiry for some secret (for now) items. Only hint is that first I am determined to finish the project soon. And that includes the items in "next step" part. Any guesses? ;)
easy...{{{bluffing}}} a dogbox

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #214

Braid Manesium wheel 5x114

Velo podium 2 Kevlar.
Well excluded because only 2kg lighter than their regular seat but 3000$ more expensive.

And Spec C rack.

Bruce, I would love a dog box but it would put me in open class vs cars with twice the power and heavy aero.

The wheels are 9.5 so either L'aunsport widebody or just Karlton flares (where do I get them?).

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts

damn, that's a nice haul of goods you got there. love the magnesium wheels. how light are they?

i'm with you on the seats. 3k is a lot of money for 4 and a half lbs.

how fast is the c spec rack? mine is 11.5:1, which might be little too quick for all the downforce we'll have next season. we'll see. i still have my stock rack.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RS!

Well this is from Braid Spain:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

Currently we don't have Magnesium wheels in the size you require (18"). However we can offer you the Forged Aluminium wheels which is lighter the the magnesium.

We have the Forged I Rally wheels available in 18"x9.5" ET+38. The weight of this wheel would be around 9.9Kgs aprox.".

Aha, if you decide to sell your Q rack, I maybe interested.
Spec C is 13:1.

What about widebody vs Karlton flares?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

However we can offer you the Forged Aluminium wheels which is lighter the the magnesium. We have the Forged I Rally wheels available in 18"x9.5" ET+38. The weight of this wheel would be around 9.9Kgs aprox.".
Have you made a decision on this yet? What is the allure of Mg wheels to you? I'm wondering what the alloy and property specs are but I'm presently too lazy to look. I know you can get a lighter 18x9.5 but the ones you are looking at are probably stronger/tougher.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #220 (Edited)

Have you made a decision on this yet? What is the allure of Mg wheels to you? I'm wondering what the alloy and property specs are but I'm presently too lazy to look. I know you can get a lighter 18x9.5 but the ones you are looking at are probably stronger/tougher.

1- The philosophy of the car is a GT3RS Porsche and now I am trying to meet World Time Attack (WTAC) Clubsprint rules as I am considering taking part in.

Of course we can use 245 tires but 265 is what we need.

2- I have gone through two sets of 5x100 bearings in a crazy time, going 5x114 will improve that.

So, I am studying going 5x114 PCD and 18x9.5 wheels.

Magnesium: Because anything with "Titanium", "Magnesium", "Carbon fiber" and kevlar in it attracts my attention :D

I was looking at them as: I knew TE37 Mags have crazy low weight...unsprung weight.

They are hard to come by as they are discontinued. I was trying get something similarly light weight.

You are right the ones they are suggesting are reasonably light, look decent and will do the job. Knowing Braid, they are probably stronger than other "fancy" wheels.

What I am doing now, is waiting for the new heart to start pumping reliably.
Next steps are as seen on first page:

5x114 and wider tires on over fenders or Launsport widebody.

Spec C rack

Racing seats

Front LSD

If we are competing in WTAC, we need a reserve turn-keymotor from Element Tuning and light aero as per Club Sprint class rules.

201 - 220 of 1878 Posts