IW STi Forum banner

181 - 200 of 1879 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)
Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RS!

When will we get to see this thing running Idin? Also where did you get the braids? They look incredibly tough!

Soon hopefully Simon. It is out of my hand.

Waiting for:

LSD replacement from Element.

Transmission cross member from Prospeed racing.

Chargespeed carbon brake ducts from Japan.

Custom brackets for Beatrush trunk cage are being built as we speak.

I would say 3-4w?

Thanks re BRAIDs. I have had them for 18m now and they ARE bulletproof. From Team Illuminata US ( made to order) as they are normally in WRC sizing which is 8 inch wide.
Adelaide Motorsport tires on Magil Rd can get them also but make sure you have other quotes for pricing.

Ps how is the Exige? New mods?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RS!

Soon hopefully Simon. It is out of my hand.

Waiting for:

LSD replacement from Element.

Transmission cross member from Prospeed racing.

Chargespeed carbon brake ducts from Japan.

Custom brackets for Beatrush trunk cage are being built as we speak.

I would say 3-4w?

Thanks re BRAIDs. I have had them for 18m now and they ARE bulletproof. From Team Illuminata US ( made to order) as they are normally in WRC sizing which is 8 inch wide.
Adelaide Motorsport tires on Magil Rd can get them also but make sure you have other quotes for pricing.

Ps how is the Exige? New mods?
3-4 weeks, not far away! Either way looks like you'll have it ready for the beginning of next year's season with plenty of time to sort any teething issues hopefully. Thanks for the info on the braids, i'd love a set in gold just to keep the OE look but the shadow chrome/gunmetal looks brilliant against the blue on your car.

Exige has been on jack stands for 3 weeks as I cant get hold of a brake caliper rebuild kit anywhere in the world :(. Consequently, im taking the STi (which I said I would never track) out to Mallala weekend after next haha.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #185

Thanks guys.

Just wait till we compete against 458s and GT3s...:cool:

3-4 weeks, not far away! Either way looks like you'll have it ready for the beginning of next year's season with plenty of time to sort any teething issues hopefully. Thanks for the info on the braids, i'd love a set in gold just to keep the OE look but the shadow chrome/gunmetal looks brilliant against the blue on your car.

Exige has been on jack stands for 3 weeks as I cant get hold of a brake caliper rebuild kit anywhere in the world :(. Consequently, im taking the STi (which I said I would never track) out to Mallala weekend after next haha.
Well that estimate was based on the speed they were working at, they haven't done a lot since last update...tested two set of materials for the trunk cage bracket plus TGV deletes, high boost actuator.

Looks like I have to push them...:(

Ideally I would like to do a proper track test before end of the year.

Yes, the Braids are awesome, a bit on the heavy side but you get bulletproof reliability in every condition. Remember these are build to tolerate repeated WRC jumps and rocks. These will shrug off impacts that would destroy many other rims.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Yeah I tend to get a bit greedy with the ripple strips so something strong is good :D.

I hear ya about workshop delays, know it all too well unfortunately :(. I have heard great things in general about Veloce though so I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait. If you end up getting out there for a test before the end of the year I will try and come along for a look.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #187

Yeah I tend to get a bit greedy with the ripple strips so something strong is good :D.

I hear ya about workshop delays, know it all too well unfortunately :(. I have heard great things in general about Veloce though so I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait. If you end up getting out there for a test before the end of the year I will try and come along for a look.

Yeah, get them!

Veloce tend to take their time but are very meticulous. Every single bolt has been marked with Motorsport paint and all clearances measured. They have been very involved in motorsports and it shows.
They just need a bit of push.

Yeah for sure. Do you know when the last Mallala free practice is?
I need to get them to finish before so we can go testing :)

On other news, a big parcel arrived at Veloce. It says it came from Tokyo.
CF brake ducts and Cusco braces.

You can never have enough braces in a non caged car ;-)

I got communication from Phil that LSD will leave this AM. Thanks Phil.

Ps, I am going to need help from a suspension expert soon.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #188

the shadow chrome/gunmetal looks brilliant against the blue on your car.

Thanks Simon.

Time to go Alcon!
I have good Alcon contacts if you need them. Excellent support with spares and pads...also.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts

You can never have enough braces in a non caged car ;-)
words to live by. in fact, you can't have enough braces on a caged car.

I got communication from Phil that LSD will leave this AM. Thanks Phil.
is that the cusco front diff he's got on hand?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #191

words to live by. in fact, you can't have enough braces on a caged car.

is that the cusco front diff he's got on hand?

Specially considering:

On the front I have:
Oswald subframes brace, TSS front subframe, fender brace, strut brace

In the back:
Beatrush floor brace
Beatrush trunk cage
Tic x brace
Msi subframe

But nothing for mid portion of chassis.

Yes that "was" my diff but I wanted a rear lsd so had to return it. He made an awesome offer to keep the front diff and sell me a rear lsd for a crazy price.

Considering the complexities of removing a front diff I thought it would be a bit too hard to service the diff every 10000 km.
Also he is running a stock front diff and what is right for Phil's race car, is right for me. :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

^^^ Large tree falls on TBAG ^^^^

Tree breaks, TBAG drives off. It's just a flesh wound.

-&

:rofl:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #195 (Edited)

Flying back to Adelaide tomorrow am. Will post updates.

Also, will need to find some time to update the journal as things have changed.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #197 (Edited)
Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RS!

Shaking is better with the first picture. Haha

Hang on...does that mean I have played with it?

·
Registered
591 Posts

looking good!! just in-case they forget make sure they attach the harness grounds (1 on each side of the manifold) to the bolts that attach the tgv's to the block, other wise it wont ground. I have seen it a few times.

getting close though!!

181 - 200 of 1879 Posts