IW STi Forum banner

6041 - 6060 of 6079 Posts

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,044
I like 'em! They look similar to my SSRs :)
Nice wheels Bruce!
I definitely like this 10 spoke design. Just looks good on GDs.
thanks, guys!

given the limited availability of wheels in 18 x 11", i'm delighted that drew had these wheels scoped out already. theyre paid for and he's ordering them now. given the engine build timeline, i decided expedited shipping by air was an unnecessary 500. we're expecting them in 10-15 weeks by slow boat.

update:
the internal engine parts are ordered. now we wait. all of the custom plumbing has to wait until the engine is assembled.

meanwhile, i bought an electric jack and new winch for the trailer. to save my hands and thumbs, one of my buddies will be installing them for me.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
Can't wait to see these wheels on the car. I feel like a kid who's waiting for that mail order cereal box baseball cap bowl. lol.

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts
Nice wheels and yes and yes on the winch and Jack.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,047

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,048
i'm on oahu until wed. just gloating.

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,050

·
Registered
902 Posts
Have fun over there :cool:
We'll start our journey in about 20 hours!
If all goes acording to plan, the KLM Jumbo will touch down in San Francisco at noon :)

How long are you hanging out in Hawaii?

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,052
Have fun over there :cool:
We'll start our journey in about 20 hours!
If all goes acording to plan, the KLM Jumbo will touch down in San Francisco at noon :)

How long are you hanging out in Hawaii?
sorry, ben. i missed this. i'm long gone. as with most of my wives, it was a quick in and out,

how's frisco?

·
Registered
902 Posts
sorry, ben. i missed this. i'm long gone. as with most of my wives, it was a quick in and out,

how's frisco?
Short and precise, how much of a german is in you? :lol:

Frisco was expensive but fun! And the Trip up north on CA Highway 1 and CA and OR 101 was all worth it! Beautiful views, nice people, good food! Couldn't ask for more other than for more time.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
wow Bruce. i thought i was the only one with bad luck. at least you've had some track time this year. as soon as i think i'm ready to go, the car breaks. this time i broke the EWG, something about exhaust leaking into the diaphragm. they replaced that under warranty (less than 6 mo old) and now the Meth pump mysteriously dies. at least that happened during testing, and not after i got the car back. new pump overnighted for Monday delivery. i miss my car.....

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,057
wow, it's been two months since i posted. i've been engaged with life.

update:
phil's got all the parts he needs except for the pistons. as soon as they show up he and steve are going to build a mock-up to work out the details. he's got a fabricator lined up for the header and other custom parts needed for the dry sump.

that's it. wish i had more to relate.

6041 - 6060 of 6079 Posts