IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 6079 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
thats so not fair :) ...i had to pay for a new clutch and replacement of my 4/5th gear syncros...grand total...2400 bucks. Sucks being 20.

I commend you on picking up an RPS clutch too. I also put one in as a replacement. GREAT clutch, it grabs very well but also allows a much better slip than the stocker. My only beef is it seems the engagment point is a little diff than stock?? Oh well.

For the rest of the drivetrain, def grab up some upgrade axles. You may also want to look at some Kaaz or other differential upgrades. Ive heard some say our diffs are bullet proof...mine destroying itself after a snapped axle tells me otherwise.

I'm also very curious to watch the WI unfold. I'd really like to see this in action as to opposed to dousing our cylinders with fuel as a detonation stopper. BTW the rumble pack is a really good idea haha.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
sounds like your building quite a beast. good luck!!!

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
speaking of beasts...this is phil grabow's 1/4 mi result a few nights ago with the same set-up minus the water injection, a stroker motor and a good launch. i might have to change the thread to "building my daily-driving 10 second beast.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770373

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
bump for my own update at top of thread

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
update:
we expect to start removal/disassembly of everything forward of the firewell next week. all of the parts are either here, on the way or promised on time. i guess we'll see. my gt65 turbo kit from element will be shipped the end of next week. still waiting to hear from phil regarding the fuel injectors we'll be using, i.e., 1000cc denso's.

i'll start posting pics starting with the teardown.

hitches:
i received the wrong intermediate pipe for the b&b from aj-usa. it's on the way back and the correct one will be turned around right away. the 4.5" single tip is massive - i can almost stick my entire head in it.
my cf a-pillar set i received from carbontrix came in 52mm instead of the 60mm i ordered. their website has it for 60mm but they won't do them now. i have a feeling they weren't holding up in that size/weight. i was surprized at how fragile it is. talking to them on the phone was like talking to the dead. i wasn't impressed.

anyone know of a nice cf a-pillar and 3 gauge center pod in 60mm?

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
Go Bruce!

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
thanks guys. no one's cheering harder for you than i am, ese.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey bruce..we should get a meet together and drive down to engishtown for that meet...all westchester and any other northeast members.....thoughts?

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
TTTT said:
we should get a meet together and drive down to engishtown for that meet...all westchester and any other northeast members.....thoughts?
yeah, i'm in (isfh)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
BruceChapman said:
update:
anyone know of a nice cf a-pillar and 3 gauge center pod in 60mm?
Gruppe-S has a Defi CF Triple Meter Hood for 60mm. Looks like its out of stock and says email for availability.

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
just thought i'd stop by and check in on ol'bruce. Keep it up bro.

·
Premium Member
5,291 Posts
Thats awesome bruce!! I have a Question for you, what is the difference between the GT35R and the GT65R? I havent really heard much about the gt65R. Within the next 6 months I am planning to hopefully go down a very similar path that your taking I was looking towards the GT35R but is the GT65R bigger? Better?. It should be an awsome car, cant wait to see the vid!!

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Crewchief said:
Thats awesome bruce!! I have a Question for you, what is the difference between the GT35R and the GT65R? I havent really heard much about the gt65R. Within the next 6 months I am planning to hopefully go down a very similar path that your taking I was looking towards the GT35R but is the GT65R bigger? Better?. It should be an awsome car, cant wait to see the vid!!
thanks, crewchief...me neither (isfh).

the gt35/65 question is an interesting one because i still haven't seen it. it's on its way. phil convinced me that the gt35r was the way to go during a long conversation at the front end of this project. however, according to another customer, phil denied his kit was a 35r and i got the distinct feeling he wasn't ready to disclose exactly what it is until he got it in production. well, it's still not in production but he fabricated a couple of kits and i got one. i've been winking along on the specs of the turbo and didn't press him for an answer out of deference to his wishes. at this point, it doesn't matter.

this past weekend, i went down to englishtown to see the big valley sti team from puerto rico. i had a conversation with someone (who should know) and he was absolutely certain that the element kit is, in fact, a gt35r. the 65 in gt65 refers to its 65lb./min compressor wheel.

i post a pic when it gets here.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
vermilion said:
Gruppe-S has a Defi CF Triple Meter Hood for 60mm. Looks like its out of stock and says email for availability.
thanks for the assist, vermilion. i'll look into them.

41 - 60 of 6079 Posts