IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Undertray modified

My last car (1993 Toyota MR2) had a mfg. label inside the door jam with production date, number off the line (No. 392), and several other codes like engine, transmission, axle, color, etc. etc.
Does anyone know where this info is on the STi and how to decipher it if its encoded into a longer number. Specifically I would like to know the actual "off the line" number of my STi (just for fun)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Unless it's on the tag in the engine bay, I don't think there is a way to tell. There are threads around that discuss the makeup of the VIN numbers, but we figured out pretty quick that those are not in order of production.

There is a plate on the driver's side in the engine bay...I'm kinda doubting it will have the specifics you are looking for though.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The label that has the build date and various other options that you are refering to is on the drivers side B pillar. I believe it's a metallic plate, probably aluminium. If I remember correctly there are two labels there. One of them has the tire presures as well. The vertical location of the labels are between the hinges for the rear drivers side door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts