IW STi Forum banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Any updates as Im also interested in the spoolinator
Are you looking for specific info? We're now in regular production of this setup.

Now that I have more miles on the tune, I'm loving the setup even more; it feels very responsive and the powerband feels great. Feels stock when I drive it lightly and spools quickly when I drop the hammer. Full boost by ~3800 rpm in 4th gear when starting the pull from ~3100 rpm. If I start the 4th gear pull at 2500 rpm, I imagine it'll hit full boost ~3400 rpm.

It's a great setup for a daily driven car!
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! :banana:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
Way overdue for updates. Car has since had a Killer B Motorsport Sleeved engine installed, and the turbo has been upsized to a GTX3576 (with supporting mods) using the same Spoolinator kit. car is now setup with Cobb's FlexFuel.

Pump 93

E85 power...

Video...

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #104

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Very innovative. I know there will always be die hard rotated setup supporters, and i know there are times they are right. But this is a phenomenal alternative, especially for people who upgraded incrementally

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'd love to see some logs of the car, I'm surprised it didn't make more power.

For one thing, that turbo can hold more boost to redline than what the tuner called for.
Yeah does feel like it falls off a bit. Maybe its the tune rather than the hotside

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
It's probably not dropping as much on the street. Although, it is a small turbo with the small housing. Would be nice to see logs. Could be something as simple as the intercooler soaking nd pulling timing. I know we saw a decent improvement running this setup going from OEM to an ETS TMIC.

The response looks phenomenal and 3K RPMs of decent power. This is the same setup we ran, but Maz ran a larger turbine housing, and in retrospect, that housing made power a bit later in the revs, but more of it.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Just to keep things interesting... Something we're working on, Garrett G-Series Spoolinator.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Links don’t seem to work for me

Do you have any timeline / rough feel of what gains to expect vs gen 2 ?
Sorry for the delay.

The Grey now has a built motor. We are almost done break in. Then we will take some baselines, and start adding components. G Series data will be available in the next few months.

Nick

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Another Happy Spoolinator Customer @ Snail Performance

Mods:
IAG Stage 3 Tuff shortblock
Headgames Pocket-ported Heads /w a full valvetrain upgrade
GCS S1 cams
GTX3576 gen2 (KB Spoolinator turbo kit)
KB ELH /w EWG, Full 3" exhaust
ID1700 injectors
-8an/-6an feed/return fuel lines
Radium Dual Pump Surge tank /w AEM 320 pumps (secondary pump triggered by a Hobbs switch)
Speed Density kit /w 3.5 MAP sensor
TGV deletes
FMIC
IAG Comp AOS
Cobb Flexfuel kit
Misc: oil cooler and accusump
Tuning Goals:
Primarily for the track/road course

101 - 120 of 121 Posts