IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I am on a rotated setup and I am just curious -- don't all the GTX turbos run 4" intakes? Are you running a reducer to the turbo inlet? How does it fit?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
This is making me strongly consider selling my band new Dom3 and picking up the 3071R or 3076R (whichever is closer to the specs on the Dom3, I'm not learned enough to know the difference between the two).

Is the Tial hotside available with the pictured swaintech coating? I am planning on swapping out my swaintech coated EL for a swaintech coated Holy Header, and I had my Dom3 hotside coated as well, I'd like to stick with that coating.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
a few questions.

1) i see on your website you have the option of buying the kit with a 3" OEM location silicone inlet. any details on this? like what brand it is or if its made custom for you guys. just curious.
2) this question might just need to be answered over time as people experiment, but does this kit work with any aftermarket intake manifolds or flipped manifolds?
3) any pictures of exactly where trimming needs to be done and how much needs to be taken off.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
a few questions.

1) i see on your website you have the option of buying the kit with a 3" OEM location silicone inlet. any details on this? like what brand it is or if its made custom for you guys. just curious.
2) this question might just need to be answered over time as people experiment, but does this kit work with any aftermarket intake manifolds or flipped manifolds?
3) any pictures of exactly where trimming needs to be done and how much needs to be taken off.

1. We use the Perrin Inlet
2. I don't see why not, it keeps the compressor inlet in nearly the same location as OEM.
3. Yes, I will update.

Few clips put together. Sorry about the sun, but it should give you the jist...

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
what boost was he running in that vid?! that thing boogied.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
Placed my order with my shop today. Looking forward to reviewing it!
Thanks!! Looking forward to your feedback!

what boost was he running in that vid?! that thing boogied.
I think that was 22psi. She goes good. The shifts make me cringe...and why I won't drag our shop cars. Getting old sucks!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Did a 3rd gear pull today and plotted a comparison against my previous Stage 2+ 3rd gear dyno plot.

I hit a slight incline towards the end of the pull, which is why the plot decreases towards the end. Again, this was a 3rd gear pull, I imagine a 4th gear pull would be stronger.

Current Mods: GTX3067R .82AR, AEM CAI, Tomei ELH and other supporting mods

Stage 2+ Mods: AEM CAI, Perrin TBE, Tomei ELH

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I'll grab a plot tomorrow though I'm also only hitting 20.45 psi for some reason. And I might try a 4th gear pull. I'll also be doing the e85 tune in two weeks or so. Darn coworkers getting surgery...

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I'm going in for the e85 tune on 5/12.

Just to update on my impressions of the Spoolinator:
My issue ultimately was the Corsa exhaust. Since removing my Corsa and not being terrified of stepping on the gas in day to day driving, the Spoolinator has given me... turbo boners... sorry for the term...

Gas. Spool. Instant Max PSI. Zoom.
Heck, I even /love/ my EWG. :)
Even without going to EWG territory, its smooth as butter and so quick.

Sometimes my paranoia is "Hey, this isn't that fast."
And then I'm like "But wait, where did all the other cars go? ;)"
And seriously... the power band is just /so/ broad.

If I had it all to do over again... the only change I might have made is went a smidge bigger than the GTX3067. But seriously this is as much power as is probably appropriate in any street car.

And Jr's tune... the driveability is beautiful. As mentioned in some other thread, I literally haven't seen a single fbk or fkl since the tune and... to be honest... I don't abuse my car but I hit 20.5 psi at least 5 or 6 times a day or more. And while the clutch makes first gear in traffic require some finesse, I really love the clutch elsewhere and it just is so nice even in stop and go traffic. I'd honestly not even bother getting a CF driveshaft at this point.

So I'm a big fan is what I'm trying to say.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts