IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check out what i just read on consumerguide.com:

"The STi is intended to trump Mitsubishi's upcoming 265-hp Lancer Evo VIII in the budding battle of roadgoing rally cars aimed at the young "sport compact" crowd. There's also talk of an even wilder STi devised by Britain's Prodrive, which vets the actual competition WRXs. Though not a done deal yet, this one would look even more like the racing versions, sporting a high-flying rear wing, bigger hood scoop, and a more massive front bumper and spoiler. Keep checking back with us for further details."

i think i would jiz myself if there was a prodrive edition we could get. if any info on this is out before the regular sti is available, i might b waitin even longer though :( .

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
thebigshow said:
...bigger hood scoop...
hmm. i've compared the sti and the wrc's hood scoop several times and i swear the wrc version is smaller. (makes sense since the intercooler is in front on the wrc car and doesn't need to be enormous.) honestly, i wouldn't want a bigger scoop. a bigger, more wrc-like front bumper/spoiler would be great however.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, they don't have the most up-to-date info on a lot of cars, but that's not really what they're all about. it's a review site.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
If prodrive does something for us, it should be an add on, like the PPP packages they put out now.

I don't think Subaru has ever sold a "Prodrive" version of a car from the dealer, have they?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yes, the bug-eye STi was available in 2 versions, regular and "Prodrive Style", which had the wrap-around fog covers, the tall wing, and blue-faced gauges on the inside. They were mechanically identical of course.

As for aftermarket Prodrive stuff, I agree; I'm practically drooling over the thought of a USDM PPP for the 2.5. Mmmm... 340-350 hp... with warranty...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it wasn't an article to which it would have a date; it was just in their 2003 review, previewin 2004.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts