IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgrades and performance.

"The Pack is reportedly from several sources to include a complete replacement exhaust from the turbo back as well as a remapped ECU. This will also take into account boost spikes which owners have seen when they unofficially upgrade the down pipe to a de-catted sytem. Power output is said to be 295-301bhp again depending upon source. To enable the car in future to pass the MOT, the downpipe is replaced with a high flow cat rather than a straight catless system. "

Have we ever had, or could we possibly get, any sanctioned ensemble such as the Prodrive Performance Pack? Does this pack not make the car no longer road-legal? Is it designed more for the WRX, or could it be used just as well on the STi?

OMT: are we not expecting 3 cats, i.e. do we not have a pre-turbo cat on the WRX?

·
Registered
190 Posts
TiTaNiuM sAMuRai

No WRX stuff in the "STi General" thread.

Sorry i had to do it. :lol:

I think all this crap about WRX and STi is a bunch of crap, After all they are the same car. The STi is just a upgraded WRX so any question about the WRX can be applyed to the STi. It is kinda like the Toyota Line with the TRD package. Also if you look at the website it says imprezawrxsti.
I mean you and MKIVSupra don't have to crack down on everyone that post a wrx related post(That is unless it gets out of hand). But until the STi gets here i wouldn't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
WRX stuff is not a big deal, but if the subject comes up I am going to voice my opinion :) If I had a WRX question there are better places to ask it with a lot more people that could help out. Correct they are basically the same car and like I said before when something can relate to the two, bring it up, but when someone askes a specific WRX questions like how to upgrade a WRX or what can I do to my WRX for... That does not belong here. Just cause someone does not feel like looking does not mean we should have to deal with it. Your just lucky I am not a moderator. :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:roll:

Perhaps I should restate the question. :x

Is the PPP worth looking at as an upgrade to the STi? I have a general idea of what it does on a WRX (make that a 'vague' idea), but do the STi improvements negate the benefits gained by the Pack? Are the PPP modifications even possible on the "80% redesigned" engine?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts