IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats wrong with the wrx upgrade parts? I have to say that their muffler is the best looking one ive seen.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2005 STi at Tampa Bay International Auto Show

Neisius said:
yxan2 said:
whats wrong with the wrx upgrade parts? I have to say that their muffler is the best looking one ive seen.
guru is one of prodrive's compeditors...what do you expect?
I wasn't expecting anything, but when someone drops random statements I would figure they would back it up with some statement.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The Prodrive muffler aside(which I own and loved on my '02 and now on my STi) IMHO the rest of the Prodrive "Performance" stuff is seriously overpriced garbage. There was a local WRX guy that spent thousands of dollars on a stage II(maybe III) PPP and he practicly cried like a little baby when he threw the car on a dyno.

My home built Cobb Stage II (HKS DP, ATR uppipe, Prodrive Axle) made way more power than his car did that day. I paid in the ballpark of $1000.00 for my power mods compared to 2x-3x as much for the PPP.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Dyno your Prodrive stage 2 setup and you'll see why there is iminent legal action against Prodrive. I dyno'd one. It made same power as a bone stock one. It cost my customer about $1700. I have enother local guy who also said there is no difference in power at all. I also tried his stock ECU with the package and it dyno'd about 2 whp less so obviously the ECU is not doing what it's supposed to do but the problem is far deeper than that I think. Bottom line is that for the money it offers poor if any value considering that for $1150 you can get my stage 1 package and get about 30 whp increase or so. To each their own though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can confirm what Dan(Guru) is stating as I have seen it with my own eyes on a dyno. In the specific case that witnessed the tuner/vendor ended up swapping back and reflashing the OEM ECU on the car using the ECUTEK system. The "Prodrive ECU" made about the same power as a OEM ECU would make given supporting modifications.

Here's the thread:
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100502

Highlights:
Prodrive performance pack stage 3: 198HP (17psi boost 100% injector duty cycle)
Alan's base Ecutek map: 218HP (14psi of boost 84% duty cycle)

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
:eek:

I wasn't impressed with the PPP packages when I saw them linked on the Irvine Subaru site after I saw what EasyStreet, Vishnu, and Cobb offered...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow that is pretty funny :) Ah well thats a shame their muffler looks cool but if all of it is garbage then I guess I wont even bother looking in their direction :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts