IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ABS lights came on today, when I was playing around in the snow (doughnts and drifts), I had the diff lock to RWD bias. However I restarted my car and the light went off, do i have a problem and should I get it checked out? Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think it might just be snow stuck in your brake assembly....When it's melts, the lights goes out...I don't think it's a problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i know in my integra, when i held the e-break while driving for a few seconds, the abs would turn off and throw the abs light (it's a "feature", there was nothing wrong with it). maybe the sti is the same way? not sure, but try engaging your e-break just till the light comes on and stays on, while driving, see if this "turns off" abs and throws you the light. from what i gather, you were using the e-brake while moving, si this reminded me of the "feature" my teg had.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have the same problem with the ABS light. i wasnt in snow one time while it was idling for about 20 min the was 2 days ago and once last night while driving down the road. After turning the car off and then back on the light goes out. Excel do you have a grounding kit on your car. I noticed that this light came on the day after I put my kit on. Wonder if the two are relater. I have right at 800 miles on the car. Hope it isnt the start of a repeat of my 350z probs. Anyone with ideas please let us know!!!! Thanks

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I have a grounding kit on my car and I have not had any problems. You might want to go back and make sure everything is tight, including plugs that you might have hit during installation.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I don't know if this is related, but my ABS light illuminated when my car was on the Dynapack. I think it might have something to do with the unequal wheel speeds that the car experiences (both on the dynapack and on the loose snowy surface). As said above, the light goes off after you restart. I was not worried about it.

Just my theory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts