IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am a proud owner of a new STi. I bought my pride and joy last tuesday. I have a quick question which I hope someone can help me with. As it was cold today, I took my car through a touch free car wash. I have yet to get my tag, due to holiday shopping, so it still had the temporary plastic tag that the dealer puts on to promote itself. Well, when I get home I notice that the temp tag had been torn off, either by the car wash or my exscessive speeding. While down there noticing that I had no temp tag I noticed that there is a wide open area right above the bolts for the tag where you can see the internal foam for the bumper. Is this suppose to be there. Does the tag cover it when you put it on. It doesnt appear that the plastic has been torn or broken off??? But something just doesnt appear right. Does everyone have this open area right above the tag bolts?

Rocky Robinson

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
yes, that open space is normal. You can't see it unless you get down on the pavement like you did.

I'd worry more about the missing tag.....

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya and I hope your car was broken in before you did excessive speeding, congrats on the purchase tho.

Robert~

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
staticx313 said:
ya and I hope your car was broken in before you did excessive speeding, congrats on the purchase tho.

Robert~
Yea was kind of joking about the exscessive speeding :wink: ,, and the3 tag was a temp tag.... Getting state issued tag next Monday.

Thanks for the info guys. It just didnt look normal to me.

Thanks,

rocky

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
thats cool man :) enjoy your car and Merry Christmas!

Robert~

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is that piece of foam in there supposed to be loose? I can move it around with my hand??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts