Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Drive True
6,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you print your photos? I don't, but my mom insisted we do that for our last family vacation. I had take around 800 photos and I knew that was going to be expensive. She said she'd pay for it, but with digital cameras, you feel more at ease about taking crappy photos because you can just delete the ones you don't like. It's not like you're wasting film.

I kept telling her that you can just view the pictures on the computer for free! If I were going to make a photo album, I'd burn them to a DVD. I'm just too lazy to even do that. Plus, using DVDs is way cheaper than printing, and you are able to add a dynamic dimension to them by adding music ,sound effects and transitions if you like.

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
I have 2 pictures of my car in snow that I have framed. I am going to print some of my airplane photos also. I odnt really print that much though.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
hahah if i have a good pic i print it . . . ive printed probably 100-200 photos on my canon i860 printer . . . i get 4x6 100 pack for only 5 dollars, and the 8x10 50 pack for 12-20 dollars. :p

·
Registered
310 Posts
I print on rare occasions on an Epson Stylus Photo 960. It is great for printing one or two, but I would die of old age before printing out 800 images.

My in-laws have the same mindset as your Mom - you must print every image you snap - they don't get it you now have quite a few options.

When I take photos and the in-laws know I have them, especially, if it is a major family event, I always pre-screen and select and print only the best. I don't even show them the others. They don't need to know about the so-so ones.

In return, they bring me color copies on regular paper of their photos. I just take them and say thanks.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I only print what I'm going to frame or what my wife will put in a scrapbook. I have a Canon i960 and it prints awesome. I use Ilford papers.

·
Drive True
6,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only very rarely do I print up photos. When it's free or someone else pays for them :lol:

I guess I should've made the poll more specific...Yes...print up all photos, Yes, but only a few, and No, burn them to DVDs instead

·
Registered
357 Posts
I get mine done at Walgreens, Upload them to the server and request only the pics you want printed. They are ready in 1 hour at like 9 cents each or something really cheap like that.

Great quality too. My wife does scrapbooks.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
id go to COSTCO and get it printed for cheap. not sure if you guys got a costco up there

·
Super Moderator
8,115 Posts
should have had a sometimes option. I don't print all of mine but if I do, they're getting printed at Costco

1 - 12 of 12 Posts