IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to mention something regarding all the discussion regarding the STi pricing. Autoweek (and all the other magazines) still only know as much as you guys. Their estimates of price are exactly that...estimates.

Remember, Subaru & Mitsu have had a chess match going on for the past 10 years outdoing each other with the EVO & the STi. You don't think the same thing is going on here? The has been NO official word on the price of the STi yet. Stay calm people. ;)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Thanks Worm.

That's true: these are the SAME people that TWO years ago at this time were saying the WRX was going to sticker for 30K-35K :lol:

Guess SOA surprised them then and they will surely do the same now...

·
Registered
191 Posts
From the sales guy i talk to at my local Subaru dealership, it seems that SOA always over estimates the price fo their vehicles by a considerable amount. Just like the 30-35k for a standard WRX.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Yeah, no worries! The car won't be that much..if it is SOA will realize that sales won't be as high as expected.

Remember, if the STi doesn't come here around $30K, you all have many more choices and SOA knows this. Just looking at numbers you have the Evo (which has already been reported at "under $30K," the 350Z with nearly 290hp starting at $27, G35 coupe, Dodge SRT-4 with "under $20K" pricing, etc, etc. There are a ton of cars coming out/out there. None of which I want more than the STi, but SOA doesn't know that and all of these cars are super competitive with their performance and pricing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Remeber, just a couple months ago AutoWeek said the car would be priced at around $40k. Not gonna happen guys. Sure it's gonna be a great car, but it's still based on an Impreza, not a 3 series or A4.

We'll find out the real price in January at the auto show. Anyone planning on going? I am.

Bill

S

·
0 Posts
I am planning on going to the LA Autoshow, which is scheduled for January, I am told.
ScoobyDo

S

·
0 Posts
Detroit will be the official release. I am told the STi will be on display at the LA Autoshow as well. I am going there since it is closer to me.

It is rumored that a general spec sheet will be available by January, as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 2003 (2004 for us) WRX World Rally Car arrived in California this week in preperation for the STi unveilings...Its in storage until January ;)
Still hearing Detroit as the official announcement followed by a media blitz (TV & print).

Oh and now an official Worm M.S.R.P. "prediction"...

$31,995.00

·
Registered
392 Posts
Worm said:
Oh and now an official Worm M.S.R.P. "prediction"...

$31,995.00
$2K more than I expected...
IMO at that price there is absolutely no reason NA shouldn't get"everything" except the DCCD and nav system.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts