IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm looking at possibly buying a used STi and was wondering what would be a fair price to pay for the car. The facts that I have are that the car has 4-5000 km on it. By the way the car is in Calgary.

Thanks

T

·
0 Posts
In my opinion I would say about $2000 below MSRP, I doubt you'll get a better deal then that but you can try.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey scrapyrs - just out of curiosity, which dealership has the STi you're looking at? I'm wondering if maybe it used to be mine... :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
On another board, people are talking about importing the STi from the states because of the exchange rate now. Importing cars from the states is a lot easier nowadays although it's still a hassle. If you're willing to go through that, you might be able to save yourself about $6k for a new car. Plus, Subaru of Canada WILL honor the warranty for a US car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This car is a private deal and the guy wants $49k. I think that is a bit high because I can go pick one up at the dealership for around $50k. Any thoughts on what would be a reasonable offer. I was thinking between 42-43. FlyFisher, it was me that contacted you through email to ask where you dropped yours off. The only time I had to go down there was Sunday and they had the car in the garage. I might have some time on Saturday to go look at it. So I don't know what they are asking for your car yet.

T

·
0 Posts
Well the car is $47k new so anything above $45k I would think is asking too much. 42-43 would be a good price to pay for used but the car is still a hot seller so it might be tough to bring it down that low, but I would make an offer for sure. I'm sure if he gets a serious offer of say 42.5 or so he will think hard about it. If I were to sell mine right now I would ask 44k with winter wheel package.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Anyone know the invoice price of the STi in Canada?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Check out some of the logo ideas that have been submitte

Hey scrapyrs - I doubt the guy needs to get $49K for it, he probably just listed it that high so he has room to play. If your asking price is the actual amount you want, you won't get that much for it.

I originally listed mine for $48, which was about $1500 less than the invoice - I knew I wouldn't get that for it, but I just wanted to see what interest was out there. I later reduced this price, but I would not have let it go for under $45K. Its a very high performance vehicle, and yes its expensive, but I just can't see anyone paying $52 or $53K after tax and then selling it for $42K. Did you find out how many k's are on this car btw?

Anyway, too bad we didn't cross paths sooner - good luck with your search. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts