IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just quoted $34,613 - $1,000 discount on an incoming UGM Limited from the dealer where I bought my STI. I was also quoted $27,000 for trade in on my wrb 06 with 3,200 miles on it. I think they could do a little better on the trade, but I wanted some feedback from you guys and if looks like a good deal I might just buy the Limited:D

·
Banned
8,226 Posts
well they give you a good price on new limited because they shaft you on the trade, thats how it works.

Ideally you would want to sell your car privately, and then ask for the 33,613 price on the new limited.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you think I could ask for the 06? Considering you can buy a leftover under invoice could I get $30,000 for it?? Also you have to remember in PA when you trade you receive a tax credit towards the new car. So trading the car for $28,000 really works out to $29,680 with the tax savings. I would need at least $30,000 to make it work out privately.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
That's not a bad offer for a trade; I would have expected them to lowball you even more. There might be another 1k to work on either end; depends how much they think the "limited" is worth. With the tax savings I doubt you would get enough via private party to be worth the headache...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I think if they will knock another $1,000 off the deal I will be driving a Limited shortly...we will see.

·
Registered
22 Posts
FYI (and in CA where nothing makes sense)

I just paid $30,190 for a left over Blue '06 and at that same dealer they have a limited with a "market adjustment" of +$5000 over sticker... close to $40000. Riiight.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Try to sell your car privately but you are already taking a huge loss by trading in a car that is barely one year old. See what the dealer is willing to offer you in the way of coming up on that trade in. It is very hard to have bargaining chips as you are trying to purchase a vehicle that was produced in very limited quantities. Good luck though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If u want it get it!! make it happen.....Its only money !! LOL:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts