IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as of right now, I'm relatively close to 60k ( miles )

Are there any suggestions on what I should add on too my STI 2015?

As of right now I've got

COBB IAG v3 AOS
Koyo Radiator
GetADom Cylinder 4 cooling kit
And have been doing my oil pills changes with Amsoil at 3k.

Open to ideas lol.

I was thinking about getting a after market oil pan, baffle, and pick up.
And was also curious to know, are the oem oil pick ups really trash lol? I know there are many factors but would you guys swap it out?

Also, inward looking at the Killer B water pump housing, and was wondering if it was worth it lol.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX STI
122 Posts
The killerB oil pick up is great and definitely recommended. The oil pan and baffle arent necessary. The oil pan increases your total oil volume over the oem pan and the baffle is only useful if you do some spirited driving or more.

If youre looking for a reliability mod, definitely replace your oem oil pick up. Everything else is just nice to have but not required.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
The killerB oil pick up is great and definitely recommended.
Thanks so much for making the recommendation! :)

Just for PSA we now have two versions of the oil pickup. Traditional, which we've made since 2008, and our recently released High Flow version.

I am the guy who designed them both so if anyone has any questions on our products, please don't hesitate to ask.

As far as your 'reliability' mod list, when we get a new shop car in the door we install our AOS, Oil Pickup, GADT Cyl 4-Cooling mod, and Our EL headers right away. Before break-in is complete typically. Our cars do spend a lot of their life on the dyno and at events, and bare in mind, your driving style, care and maintenance schedule will likely do more for longevity than anything else.

On a VA chassis, I would skip the radiator, unless you're running a FMIC. We're at +550whp on the stock one on one of our shop VA cars and the stocker is performing better than expected. Replacing it would be fairly easy since we also carry radiators, but haven't seen a need yet. I'd rather not add the extra pork unless necessary.

According to our oil testing the Amsoil Signature Series products have performed well for us. About on par with other high performance synthetic oils we've tested.

·
Registered
657 Posts
ABSOLUTELY get the killer b pickup/baffle combo. if you arent tracking it you probably dont need a bigger pan. but if you decide you want one, also go with killer b.

and on top of what was listed, equal length headers. killer b can explain that better than i could, but they will allow for better flow, reduce heat on the passenger side cylinders, as well as give better drivability and performance all around, the ONLY downside I see to EL headers is sound (and that's completely subjective). but mine sound wonderful, sometimes i miss the rumble but they still sound good. for reference, mine is a tomei setup. I do wish I had the killer b headers as well, maybe one day, but i got mine already modified to fit my ewg for 450, extremely lightly used (less than 5k miles on them), so I couldnt argue with the price.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is the car still at stock power levels? Does it see anything other than street driving?

There are some very well thought out products, but there’s a lot of bro-science around these things too. You’ll need to really consider what you want to do with the car, then try to sort data from dogma.

·
Administrator
8,158 Posts
I would do a Cobb catted turboback exhaust, 27-29mm whiteline front sway, 22-24 rear sway, new bushings and endlinks, a set of good springs (or coils) and be done wtih it. but the upgraded bushings are some of the best mods you can do to the chassis.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX STI
122 Posts
Giving a +1 to sway bars + endlinks, and good coils.

I have FA500 gen 7 coilovers with swift springs 8k/8k (you may want to go stiffer if youre really low), 27mm whiteline front sway on full stiffness, 24mm whiteline rear sway on medium stiffness. It really tightens the feel of the car. It handles much better which is a preventative mod to losing control :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Probability is on your side that it would have been fine. Meat of the bell curve with failures is in the 30-60K mile range. The highest mileage failure we've seen was 205K. Lowest mileage was 9k :/
Erm, spirited driving ? Jeez, that's pretty low :oops:.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts