IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
Nice find! I use Snow "Boost Juice" in my car but this alot cheaper. I also wonder how the STI would respond to the water/meth mix with the nitromethane added. It's only 7% but from flying RC planes and helis for 14 years I know that it doesn't take much to get a noticable gain in power. The only thing that I thought was odd was how they say you have to run a RICHER afr when you run water/meth. Totally opposite from what every tuner has told me and how Doug at Topspeed tuned my car as well.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Probably a good product, very expensive though.

If you can find a race gas distributor in your area that would be the best bet. I purchased a 55 Gallon drum for $150- from a local distributor here in NJ.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Turbineguy said:
...The only thing that I thought was odd was how they say you have to run a RICHER afr when you run water/meth. Totally opposite from what every tuner has told me and how Doug at Topspeed tuned my car as well.
If they're talking about a mix with nitro in it, they're correct. Nitro carries it's own oxygen, and you have to run "richer" AFR's to off-set it. We'd occassionally run nitro-blend in racing bikes, and we'd have to go up 5-7 mainjet sizes otherwise we'd lean-stick the motors.

If anyone runs this stuff in their car, they'd better know what the heck they're doing...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts