IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 738 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Re: Prague STi - the Transformation (Winter Sports Now Mounted)

As I just wrote ToeKutter, I tested out the Winter Sports today on nice sunny dry roads ... I went about 225 KPH when they're rated for 210 KPH -- oops. They slide all around ... definately don't grip like the Potenzas ... it didn't help the one time I went flying into an off-ramp and had the Diff. set to full Open ... ass swung out and I almost **** myself .... no more of that without more practice on a track ... lol!

booo winter mode. Tires look good. Winter mode just depresses me as I miss my lip and the handling the summer rubber offers. At least a little doorifto in the snow helps to pass the time.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)

Some Misc. Picture updates ...

On Monday (20.10.2008), some bastards (I'm still hunting them) working for my neighbors hit my car on the street:

On Tuesday (21.10.2008 - Yes, 1 day later), another neighbor smashed the same part of the car with his SUV when parking TOO F--KING CLOSE to my car (my car hadn't moved all week) -- at least he left a note apologizing with his contact info:

I should have a garage on Monday (I found one near me I will rent) ... so, hopefully, this crap will happen less!

Today, while in the Sumava Mountains -- I took these two pics right quick (with the bug holocaust visable on the car's front end):

&

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

Behold! 2000 Skoda Octavia 1.9 Turbo Diesel (TDi), yeah baby! This beast gets about 60MPG on the highway .... almost 9 years old, and no oil in the Turbo, etc... Engine runs like a charm! (Ignore that it's super dirty)

:rofl:

nice journal, any pics of the skoda?

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Re: Prague STi - the Transformation (Some Skoda Pics - Post#66)

Corsas are a bit shorter, but yeah, same family size of vehicle. So, found a garage -- it's about 1.5 miles away from my flat, but it's ok -- it has two big ass locks on it (24m2) ... so, the Subča will be hanging out there. No f--king electricity in the garage, though (stupid) ... so, can't really use it to work on my car and can't put in a GSM camera. Oh, well ... I'll keep looking for something else ... but, this will just keep her safe (I usually only drive her when out of Prague, since it's pointless to drive it in traffic).

So, looks like I have that problem taken care of (I get the garage on Friday) ... hopefully, nobody will smash it up more until then. I leave it nice and dirty so nobody notices it, but of course, the BF Wing gives it away .... lol.

Man, that Skoda looks sweet. Reminds me of a Opel, (Corsa I think). It sucks that your car is getting hit - a garage is a must! I think the nicer the car that someone hits - the less likely they are to leave a note...hehe! Your car is gorgeous....

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

Yeap ... they're everywhere. That's why my car gets parted from time-to-time -- when you have a car everybody has, nobody buys new parts when they do damage, they just steal **** off your car. I put the same expensive GSM alarm on my Skoda to catch people, but the big blinking light has kept them away (it's silent on my Skoda, so no alarm will go off, but my phone will ring -- so I can come out and catch them). Nobody touches the Subaru, cuz nobody knows what it is ... lol!

nah man thats nice... is that another one behind it? lol

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

So, I pulled the trigger and ordered DeFi Red Racer Gauges (52mm) from http://201motorsports.com

Hope they fit my Gauge Pod :) (Customs still holding it) ... lol.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

:p

Oh, I'll try my best to not let that happen -- I'm getting pretty good at the "twister" so if I catch somebody, I'm gonna try it out on them ... tapping won't help, though ;-)

:eek: Elitist! Make sure those don't get stolen over there! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)

Lotek A-Pillar Gauge Pod (Grey) ... fresh out of the USPS box (thanks Chris05STi for the tip about this pod)

DeFi Red Racer Gauges fresh out of their packages (along with Perrin Oil Temp/Pressure adapator) -- Boost, Temp, Pressure:

Here it is finally installed:

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Re: Prague STi - the Transformation (Lotek [Grey] A-Pillar Pod received! Post#74)

NICE! Glad you went through with that pod!! Skoda, ahhaha looks like a Jetta or what they call it overseas the Bora.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Re: Prague STi - the Transformation (Lotek [Grey] A-Pillar Pod received! Post#74)

Yeap, thanks again for the advice on the Lotek ... they look good so far, hope they look as good once installed! (I read a few people saying the angles of the gauges are bad with them, but they look fine to me)

And yeap, the Octavia and Jetta/Bora are basically the same car. Volkwagon Group owns Skoda, VW, Seat, etc.... thus, they share a lot of the same parts. There are some differences, for the Skoda beat the Bora in a few tests (safety, cornering, etc...) ....

NICE! Glad you went through with that pod!! Skoda, ahhaha looks like a Jetta or what they call it overseas the Bora.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts

Sweet! So do you have any means of buying parts in your area, or is EVERYTHING imported?

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

Pretty much everything is imported. I found a guy who can tune and has an online shop, but he lives on the other side of the country. I will buy from him when I can, to support him, but otherwise, choice isn't easy. My DeFi gauges are going to my mom's house, who is coming to visit next week -- so, she's my "runner" of parts -- lol. When my bro comes over for Xmas, I'm gonna make him bring some other things too -- beats expensive shipping and customs (customs usually charges me 19% VAT tax on whatever I buy) .... they didn't bother me on the Lotek stuff, cuz it was under 100 bucks ... but, shipping was 30 bucks (part cost 50 bucks).

So, I should get double-mega props for my effort :)

Sweet! So do you have any means of buying parts in your area, or is EVERYTHING imported?

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts

AHHA, damn it. I was wishing you would have uber rare parts we couldn't get in the US. Then I would start an "exchange" program aahha.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)

Put it this way ... my DeFi gauges will be in Farenheit and PSI -- not exactly Euro. I can't send you rare parts for the Subi, but I can send you Czech beer or something ;-) (not sure I can get a woman into a box, legally) ...

AHHA, damn it. I was wishing you would have uber rare parts we couldn't get in the US. Then I would start an "exchange" program aahha.

61 - 80 of 738 Posts