IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm lookin to powdercoat my wheels and wanted to know if anyone can recommend a shop in my area. I live in Ventura County, 93063 and will drive up to 60 miles, thanks.

Nick

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
cHiLi 11 said:
So i'm lookin to powdercoat my wheels and wanted to know if anyone can recommend a shop in my area. I live in Ventura County, 93063 and will drive up to 60 miles, thanks.

Nick
wow.. you have one right in you're neck of the woods and you didn't even know it I love it when that happends..here, my friend just got his rim welded here looks like they do great work..I asked the guy if they did powder coating cause i'm intrested to..he said $110 a wheel..Seems ok for pricing..my friends not ansering his phone right now but al get back to you soon on this..The name of the shop slipped my mind..But it's two lights east of laurel cyn, on vanowen..on the right hand side..hope that help you out!!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
cHiLi 11 said:

Nick
Make sure you do a search so you know the potential hazards of powdercoating the stock BBS wheels.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Well, one; the the limited's come with eniki's...but It seems like powder coating would chip off easily, if the wheels where not taken down to raw metal before..but they must do that or else you're better off spray painting them for god sake..but the powder coating proccess is in extreme heat, so I would belive that it would bond dam well to the metal..They do it alot for motorcycle wheels..my 2 cents

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Singletrack said:
Make sure you do a search so you know the potential hazards of powdercoating the stock BBS wheels.
Yes I am well aware of it and I am not concerned. Some people on the net think they know a little to much. I am not going to be trackin or rallying the car. Its simply going to be a weekend drivier. My wheels failing on me because of possible powdercoat is the least of my worries, thanks though.

Nick

·
Registered
126 Posts
tyler_sti said:
wow.. you have one right in you're neck of the woods and you didn't even know it I love it when that happends..here, my friend just got his rim welded here looks like they do great work..I asked the guy if they did powder coating cause i'm intrested to..he said $110 a wheel..Seems ok for pricing..my friends not ansering his phone right now but al get back to you soon on this..The name of the shop slipped my mind..But it's two lights east of laurel cyn, on vanowen..on the right hand side..hope that help you out!!
110 a wheel is steep, it shouldnt cost more than 250 bucks for a power coat, if there ligit.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
cHiLi 11 said:
Yes I am well aware of it and I am not concerned. Some people on the net think they know a little to much. I am not going to be trackin or rallying the car. Its simply going to be a weekend drivier. My wheels failing on me because of possible powdercoat is the least of my worries, thanks though.

Nick
I didn't realize you had a limited without forged wheels - so it is probably not an issue anyway. As for the "people on the internet knowing too much", bbs will tell you that it is not safe to powdercoat their forged wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts