IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have decided to get my stock rims powder coated and I love them.. The guy did an awesome job.. One of the rims was curbed really bad and you cant even notice it at all. Let me know what you guys think =)

-Lauren

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Whatever floats your boat. :lol:

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Not sure if its the lighting/camera/etc but that just looks like the wrong shade of pink. Lots of guys with pink wheels around, some are ok looking but it seems like a different shade....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure if its the lighting/camera/etc but that just looks like the wrong shade of pink. Lots of guys with pink wheels around, some are ok looking but it seems like a different shade....

Yeah its mostly the light.. they are more of the color in the first picture.. i was having a hard time getting them to look in the pictures what the look like in person.. they arent so light pink in person but they are glittery

·
Registered
674 Posts
thanks i guess the pink is more of a girl thing .. figured i would get better responses

lauren
I'm not hating on it... I have not seen it in person, it may look better. You just asked for opinions and I gave mine.

I personally can't imagine powder coating a set of GOLD BBS wheels that shade of pink.

But if it makes you happy, I think it's cool you would try something wild like that. :tup:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh I didnt mean that in a bad way.. sorry if it came out like that. I waited a month for my car just to get black on gold but once I ruined the rim badly I couldnt stand to look at them like that so I figured why not =)

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I like it, I think black with a pink lip would have been more subtle, but that's obviously not the look you were try to achieve.

:tup:

·
Registered
486 Posts
whatever tickles ur pickle
What pickel? :lol:

I like it, its different and looks good, especially on black.

Just incase you ever decide to swith things up, this was a good idea as well, but I think if she had a black car, it would have looked even better:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/pictures-photography/117813-new-pink-lip-pictures-subies.html

Brake dust is gonna be more noticable now. Make sure you put a coat of wax on them to help with the cleaning and the amount that would build up.

Nice job! :tup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
The problem with powdercoating our stock wheels is they are forged. The heating process destroys the structure of the wheel. It has been described to me as.. imagine a "grain" like wood almost but with metal and much tinier. Perhaps they didn't heat yours up to that degree, still a risk tho be careful

1 - 20 of 50 Posts