Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a ipod as a gift and i really like it! lol
just wondering how everyones are mounting their ipod to the dash

·
Premium Member
9,198 Posts
no picts, but i use the jazzy board connected to the belkin auto charger.

then that connect to my ipod which sits in my cup holder.

·
Indiatr0n in yo IWDPL
8,577 Posts
Ooooh good thread idea! :) I'll get a pic of this later...and I still need to set my damn PC up to connect to my camera!

I use the iTrip RoadTrip dock/charger/FM transmitter...I don't think they make it anymore, but I like it a lot, quality is astoundingly good for an FM transmitter.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Alpine head unit with iPod adaptor...it sits in the glovebox and is never seen.:cool:

·
Indiatr0n in yo IWDPL
8,577 Posts
Well, I would love to have a slick install with a DIN pocket myself, but this is the poor man's iPod integration :)

I use the Griffin RoadTrip (here's the new version: http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/roadtrip/). I plug my iPod remote in on top, so that I can just feel the remote and change songs when I'm driving, instead of trying to futz with the touch keys (I have an old school iPod :p)

The car is in first gear in this last shot, to give you an idea of how much clearance there is...it's not bad at all.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Find the iPod in these horrible pix :)

You can't, can you?

'cause it is in the glove box :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
ELD4AU6 said:
under the din cover
Is this forester din cover? It looks very clean I am thinking of getting one of those for my 04. How is the fitment with those? Also, how does that door open is it spring loaded? Any rattles coming from it? The only problem with having an iPod in that pocket is that it probably gets toasty in there as it sits right under the HU.

·
Registered
393 Posts
iPod gets toasty no matter where it sits, since it is charging and in use all the time. Mine sits in the glove box and it is very warm every time.

As far as I know the Forester din pocket can be installed with minor mod, and will look and feel as if it was always there from the start of time itself :)
If you have a 1 din HU, I would say buy it install it and smile at the result.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
does the 06 sti come with a tape player?? Bec. the tape player conversion for the i-pod is the single best quality for the money. 20 bucks and it sounds better than the 100 dollar ones that go through the radio.

·
Registered
393 Posts
+1 < kenwood iPod adaptor FTW :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,126 Posts
0bluesti4 said:
Is this forester din cover? It looks very clean I am thinking of getting one of those for my 04. How is the fitment with those? Also, how does that door open is it spring loaded? Any rattles coming from it? The only problem with having an iPod in that pocket is that it probably gets toasty in there as it sits right under the HU.
I have the same setup and i like being able to control it through the headunit. my ipod is actually hidden underneath the shifter column where it can be easily accessed but not in an obvious spot.

I also have the forester din and the installation was cake. Very easy and very nice! I say its a must have for any single din stereo installation.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts