IW STi Forum banner

581 - 600 of 927 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
something that weighs that little.... I bet the hood got more force on it at the track!!
yes, we were careful during the photoshoot. she didn't jump on the hood. :)

besides, the car had 30k miles on it... wasn't showroom perfect to start with.
sorry I didn't turn her down... there's others of her NOT on the hood if you prefer?

·
Super Moderator
8,427 Posts
Aluminum hoods dent easily and you can see by the body line of it being pushed down (where aluminum doesn't like to fully recover from). It's your car, I just don't understand it...

My car has 30k miles... Still showroom quality ;). So was my 1995, 100k mile Taurus too...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I hear ya. do I want a piece of junk? no. but I was more concerned with the fun-factor on track than a pretty girl slowly getting on the hood. maybe you prefer a show car over a track car.... your choice. ;)

that car got way more abuse at the track than it did in these pics though. I bought that car for the sole purpose of driving at the track (HPDE, autocross, ice racing, etc). it took a lot of hard driving, and never gave me a problem. I even made it out your way to Mid-America-Motorplex just over the river from Nebraska in Pacific Junction, IA once! nice track!

you keep looking at that body line of the car. i'll enjoy the rest of the picture! :)

·
Super Moderator
8,427 Posts
I hear ya. do I want a piece of junk? no. but I was more concerned with the fun-factor on track than a pretty girl slowly getting on the hood. maybe you prefer a show car over a track car.... your choice. ;)
Eh... Do you see my signature?

that car got way more abuse at the track than it did in these pics though. I bought that car for the sole purpose of driving at the track (HPDE, autocross, ice racing, etc). it took a lot of hard driving, and never gave me a problem. I even made it out your way to Mid-America-Motorplex just over the river from Nebraska in Pacific Junction, IA once! nice track!

you keep looking at that body line of the car. i'll enjoy the rest of the picture! :)
I know the abuse track cars take. 100 pound bodies laying on them isn't one of them. Like I said, it's your car, but the comparison isn't a good one.

MAM is a terrible track, TBH. I needs repaved, both the track and the paddock.

·
Registered
97 Posts
last time I was at MAM was 2009. little rough, but not horrible from what I remember.
perhaps it's gotten worse since them.
the track layout was pretty plain. but the experience was a good one!
the staff was interesting. self tech. wear what you want. drive as you want. almost TOO laid back for safety reasons. but a very fun day. too bad it was 100* that day, I think I nearly got heat stroke out there.

581 - 600 of 927 Posts