IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 WRB STI Limited
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Getting a used 2019 STI. Car is in transit, so I need some help identifying some aftermarket parts I've recently discovered (from looking at pictures).

I'm not very familiar with higher staged modifications, but I think the device next to the IC (circled in red) with 3 hoses coming out is some sort of EBC, correct? Can anyone identify the make/model of it, or what else it might be? Sorry for the terrible photos. They were the only ones provided to me.

Any ideas or insights would be very helpful! Thanks!
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Gas
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Looks like a grimmspeed cold air intake as well as a gfb blow off valve.

Op, does this car come with an accessport or any type of tune?

·
Registered
2019 WRB STI Limited
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for everyone's good observations and detective work!

Any ideas what brand AOS it is?

@Leemanfor There is a cold air intake, GFB adjustable bypass/blowoff valve, and Invidia N1 catback exhaust. Based on some (equally poor) photos of the underside of the car that I've requested, I believe it also has a downpipe of some sort (make/model unkown).

Previous owner did not include an Accessport, BUT they did include the defroster mount for one. So I know that at least they were running with an Accessport up until time of sale. Now, whether it had a proper protune or not is anyone's guess.

I've never modified Subarus to the point where I would consider an AOS (though, as I research what it is and what it does, I feel like I should have looked into them long ago). It seems like it can be a fairly expensive part, plus whatever labor to install it. Doubtful it's high up on that many people's mod list. Given the above stated mods, I assume previous owner cared enough about the car to install an AOS. (fingers crossed).

I've got nothing but time awaiting transport of the car, so I've been scrutinizing all the photos available, and have been discovering more and more modifications to the car that I either wasn't told about, or didn't see in the photos. Really hoping that despite the mods, the car was taken care of, and that it will be a solid car for many years to come (I don't plan on pushing it or doing too much more...just a tune to make it reliable).

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
If you need an AccessPort, tune, and help sorting out what has been done to the car, let me know. I can help with all of it.

·
Registered
2019 WRB STI Limited
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@yamahaSHO thanks for your offer. I will definitely reach out if I run into any snags.
Right now, I just have to hope it lasses compression and leak down after it arrives.

When it does arrive, I plan to immediately pair my accessport with it, and use whatever OTS map matches the mods the closest, and conservatively limp to a tuner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts