IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read the short review in the magazine and I noticed that the EVO they tested weighed in at 3183lbs. I thought that it was supposed to weigh the same as the STi at 3263lbs. I was thinking maybe thats why the EVO could keep up with the STi. Maybe mitsu put their test cars on a diet so they would perform better for the reviewers? Anyone have any thoughts on this.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Either it's a typo, or their test car was equipped with the optional sunroof. If you get your Evo with a sunroof, it costs you about 20 lb in addition to the $$$.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
bad news

u guys r killling me..
Please give us more details, I am at work rite now and dont have the ability to run to nearest book store yet..
What did they say about STi?
thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
I weighed my car (EVO) and it came to 3240 (with sunroof and spare/jack in the back). R&Ts car weighed 3270.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Car and Driver weighed their test cars with a full tank of gas and came up with the same weight as the official specs of both cars (3260??).

·
Registered
251 Posts
The TV version of C&D actually showed them going to the scales! 3260 is correct, I believe, with a full tank of gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts