IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, by the way, mine is at 5000 currently. This is after having it a week and being half way into the 1000 mile break-in. I starrted at 4K and I move it up by several hunderd RPM every few days. By the time the break-in is done I'm hoping to be somewhere around 6500.

Lars

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am at 5,100 w/ 800 miles. However I let my dad borrow my car to go to lunch today as it was raining and he was on his bike when he came back he was like "why is always beeping at you?" :evil: My response was "shift light because I am breaking it in" I got an "OOOPS!"

So I guess I will totally move it to 6,500+ to make a real shift light out of it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
mine is set at 3900. When it beeps and i shift i am usually around 4250 by then. I have had it up to 5000rpm once cause i got carried away showing off for my cousin. I hate shifting at 4k all the time. you hit it sooo fast and then you shift and hit it even faster........argghh. I have put 300 miles exactly on mine in a little over a week. I have been so busy lately that i didn't even get to drive it friday or saturday. Sucks so bad. I put almost 500 miles on my S2000 the first day i had it and i hit 1000 miles in only 5 days. ARGGHHHHH....I wish i had the damn time to get my STI up to 1k miles quicker!!! Peace!!

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Hey weren't you the one giving me crap for having my STi for a little over a week and only having about 150 miles on it. :wink: Yeah time is the key here, I only have so much. I wish I had nothing to do but drive around all day. I have almost 400 now, hopefully double that by next week because starting next Monday my STi will graduate to my daily driver. Then the miles will rack up. BTW, my rev light is set at 3800.

·
Registered
410 Posts
MKIVSupra said:
Hey weren't you the one giving me crap for having my STi for a little over a week and only having about 150 miles on it. :wink:
I am very sorry Senator but i do not recall saying anything specific relating to that specific topic specifically. :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the most part I'm driving it easy for the breakin; But I can't stand to drive all day below 4,000rpm so I set at 6,500rpms.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I thought the max on the shift light was 6900 RPM. Am I mistaken? In the Irvine video, he cranks it and it stops counting at 69.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts