IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I would like to get into the racing scene. Any recommendations on a good driving/racing club that services the Pocono Raceway?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try PDA. They host a number of driving school/track events at Pocono and other circuits in the Northeast.

PDA's Web adddress is: imp-auto.com The PDA link is on the lower left of the Home page.

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
Paisan said:
Also check out NASA-NE at http://NASANORTHEAST.COM They run events up at Pocono, LRP, and WGI. Be sure to ask for me as your instructor. :)

-mike
i certainly would!

not sure if i'm ready for a NASA HPDE though? where's a good link or write-up describing how it's structured and what the event is like? i'm being conservative as i like the added safety of events like PDA where there are strict rules, passing in very limited areas with point-bys only, and you don't need a roll-cage inside your car.

i get the sense NASA might be better suited for a more seasoned driver (i only have 5 events under my belt) with a dedicated track car.

i'm curious though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Having attended both PDA and NASA events....

NASA is significantly safer. The last PDA event I attended they let most drivers loose w/o an instructor and very little classroom instruction. With NASA until you've attended several events with them and are signed off by at least 2 instructors you can't solo. Same passing rules or less in effect in lower groups. Both are great to run with.

-mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts