·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Performance Mods will be coming in the spring

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Very cool idea for mounting/concealing the caps between the amp rack and the back seat. :D

Makes my 1 farad cap look like a pop can competing with a milk jug. :p

·
Registered
347 Posts
uh, drooolllll. was it pretty easy to change the ignition light to red? your mods look great, and your system makes me jealous! nice job!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
norcal-sti said:
uh, drooolllll. was it pretty easy to change the ignition light to red? your mods look great, and your system makes me jealous! nice job!
yes it is very easy to change the ignition to red. get the red bulb condoms from size is .12 or paint it with high temp red paint.

there is 1 screw holding the bottom steering column cover on, take that off then there are 2 screws holing the top cover on remove them.

then pull gently (wiggle slightly if stuck) and remove the bulb.

and thanks for the comments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
grknss said:
norcal-sti said:
yes it is very easy to change the ignition to red. get the red bulb condoms from size is .12 or paint it with high temp red paint.

there is 1 screw holding the bottom steering column cover on, take that off then there are 2 screws holing the top cover on remove them.

then pull gently (wiggle slightly if stuck) and remove the bulb.

and thanks for the comments
Car looks great. I think I asked you this on Nasioc also, but did you change the backlighting on the Alpine head unit?

Thanks!

-st

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm thinking about mounting some amps in my trunk. Your amp placement is nice. Did you install the amps directly to the rear seats or did you bolt on another piece of wood between the rear seats and the amps? I didn't know if just bolting the amps directly to the rear seat would be sturdy enough?

Rick

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
-- Singletrack, yes I saw your question on NASIOC and I didn't change the displayfor the headunit the CDA-7998 has Amber as an option :)

-- flyin-sti, Thanks for the comments. You will not be able to mount the amps directly to the rear seats, you will see why when you take them out. there is really no place to mout them it is just the molded foam for the seat with a thin plastic piece then 2 support bars. Also remove that black plastic piece it will rattle like crazy if you have decent watts going to the sub

MDF was used for the amp rack and the false floor for stability.

I think you will be supprised at the wieght of the rear seat back/seat it is crazy light!!!

hope this helped

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
grknss said:
-- Singletrack, yes I saw your question on NASIOC and I didn't change the displayfor the headunit the CDA-7998 has Amber as an option :)
Thanks for the info! I always liked the Alpine visually until I saw my friends red Clarion which looks absolutely awesome.

-st

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I has seen a couple of the Clarion heads and the red is sweet!!! very red, the amber is nice/subtle but the red on the clarions are red....er

if that's a word? :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wgknestrick said:
I'm not really into the ghetto blasters
That's cool, I think :-?

and I hardly live in the ghetto.....dogg

·
Registered
399 Posts
I don't mean to correct you grknss, but for the key light ring condom, it is not a .12", it is one size bigger. I'm not sure what size it is exactly, but its not the size of the ones that you use for the HVAC. I used the one i used for the HVAC and after 1 day it had ripped and it was half red & half white. So i got the next size up and now it burns red no problem. just want to clarify so you don't need to deal with taking everything apart more than once since its a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
STIml8n said:
I don't mean to correct you grknss, but for the key light ring condom, it is not a .12", it is one size bigger. I'm not sure what size it is exactly, but its not the size of the ones that you use for the HVAC.
Sorry, STIml8n you are right it's .12" for the HVAC and .2" for the ignition and Turbo bulb, Sorry to whoever got mixed up by my earlier comments.

:oops:

·
Registered
399 Posts
hey no worries grknss, just trying to help since it happened to me, but not from your post but all others mention .12".

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool thanks again :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah, sick loud!!!!! :)

this is actually the 2nd sub, I blew the magnet clear off the threaded part on the last 1 :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts