IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you Aspen White guys please post pictures of your STi's with tinted windows?

I'm trying to decide on whether to go with a 35% tint or something darker...

Also I can't decide if I should get the strip on the front window :confused:

Thanks, this will help me out a lot :tup:

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
The darker it is, the better it will look. The more important question is what your local PD will let you get away with.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
KiR DieseL said:
I disagree 35% FTW!

Not too light not too dark... IMO dark tints look ghetto
To each their own, but that looks pretty dark to me because the picture is at sundown and it looks great!

·
Registered
785 Posts
I too am trying to make the decision between 35 or something darker... Its a tough choice. Keep the pics coming. :tup:

JPWEraser.. I like the look of the 20 on your car. Do you know what type that is? The local shops around me have Llumar and Solarguard. The Solarguard seems like it may be a bit lighter.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nis01 said:
I too am trying to make the decision between 35 or something darker... Its a tough choice. Keep the pics coming. :tup:

JPWEraser.. I like the look of the 20 on your car. Do you know what type that is? The local shops around me have Llumar and Solarguard. The Solarguard seems like it may be a bit lighter.

ok so i love the sticker under your sti sticker were can i ask did you get it? ShoCker Hell YA

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you
This is definitly helping.
Does anyone happen to have a picture of 15% all around?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fullerton said:
my link above has 15% on the sides.
The front and back sides or just the front sides?
I noticed you mentioned the back is basically a limo tint (5% or whatever), but I didn't know if you meant just the back window or the back side windows as well...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hey Turboxer.. Do you know what brand of tint they used on your car? Your 20% seems to look a bit lighter than other 20s that I have seen and I really like the more visible aspect of the dark tint. Don't worry about it if you can't remember. Thanks.

·
Registered
447 Posts
35%

·
Premium Member
9,198 Posts
pt518sti said:
The front and back sides or just the front sides?
I noticed you mentioned the back is basically a limo tint (5% or whatever), but I didn't know if you meant just the back window or the back side windows as well...
15% on 4, 5% on 1.

Unfortunately, I am now tintless on the front two, as the cops here kept pulling me over. In removing the tint, my dumb ass scratched my windows... but I will get 30% or so on the front and test my luck again. i am hoping that the different levels of tint will make a cop think the fronts are clear. i miss the 15%.

·
Premium Member
9,198 Posts
oh- be ready for reduced visibility out the back at night with limo, if you decide to go that direction. It looks amazing during the day, though. Keeps eyes out fo your car, and keeps it cooler, too.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts