IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just Completly Stripped A Bolt On My Turbo Trying To Change Out A Downpipe And I Was Wondering If I Could Run It With Out The Downpipe Just For 30 Mins????????????????????????????:(

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
i looked it up on google and found this guy http://www.lilviv.com/motoring/cars/supra/speedprf.html who ran his car without the downpipe "for race purposes" or w/e so i dunno. maybe its ok?
"Before, I have run completely open, no exhaust or downpipe, and this was for race purposes only. It is not legal on the street. The car gains very much power this way. It also greatly lessens the weight on the car. To see a picture of my car with no exhaust on it, please click the following link: Vivek's Open Supra (Note: I have not done this since upgrading to a single turbo setup.)"

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
you ran "open turbo?"

·
Registered
858 Posts
i don't think that is possible. I think you may run with one bolt less but not open. The Wastegate would go crazy!!! Its with catless dp and it spikes. Also what about does really really hot gases hitting the side wall. That can't be good. i think what the supra guy did (haven't read it) was just leave the downpipe or something.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
didnt think that was possible. I'd think your car would just not idle and stall everytime.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I wouldnt sugegst it and just because someone else did I would not follow. There are sensors that are important to the ECU operation that will not be functioning. Fix the bolt and do it right... Just my $0.02.....

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
2fas4u said:
I wouldnt sugegst it and just because someone else did I would not follow. There are sensors that are important to the ECU operation that will not be functioning. Fix the bolt and do it right... Just my $0.02.....

what he said^ +10000000000

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
its not worth messing up sensors, and blowing hot sh*t all over the place

1 - 9 of 9 Posts