IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Track aside, did anyone have experience playing with different DCCD settings on the street?

All I know is:

Auto DCCD = 35 Front / 65 Rear split
Manual DCCD can be set at 50 Front / 50 Rear split when the white line is at the top position on the knob.

I am still breaking in my car and have been using Auto DCCD.

·
Registered
284 Posts
what is an "semi-closed deck" engine?

try 55/45 - my permanent setting now. it seems to be the most neutral. just remember to click the on/off button to turn it back to auto during (before) lazy turns (parking lots, driveways, and such). so wait till you break in the car before using the DCCD, as its more fun under power.
BTW, AUTO is 50/50 unless told otherwise by the computer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Olappa:

I am not as car savvy as you are. Would you specify how you set the DCCD to 55/45? Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
:)

WUT? Auto is 50/50? I thought Audo should be more rear biased. I know the WRX automatic with computer controlled center diff is 40/60 or 35/65 during normal driving. and that f/r.

I would suppose that the STi would be a bit rear biased... but I guess I am wrong...

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
There is a topic about the DCCD that goes into strong detail on the nasoic (sp?) forums. The DCCD settings are not adjusting the front/rear bias, they are adjusting the lock tolerances for how much slip will be allowed between the front and rear axles. The torque distribution can actually be anywhere from 0/100 to 100/0 depending on what road traction is available.

·
Registered
284 Posts
each "arrow" on the display after lock is an additional 5%. so you can go from lock(50/50) to the bottom at 35/65 if you want.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Tried to post in the video thread?

olappa said:
try 55/45 - my permanent setting now. it seems to be the most neutral. just remember to click the on/off button to turn it back to auto during (before) lazy turns (parking lots, driveways, and such). so wait till you break in the car before using the DCCD, as its more fun under power.
BTW, AUTO is 50/50 unless told otherwise by the computer.
so you like it one from full lock? I was told never to take it much out of full rear because it'd waer the drivetrain? out some. Hmm that and I dont like the clunking on turns. So just correct me, you're one from the top right?

Robert~

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
THE DCCD DOES NOT ADJUST THE TORQUE RATIO.

It adjusts how much difference in slip between axle speeds.

Unlocked the torque distribution is always 35/65 and locked it can be anywhere from 0/100 to 100/0, like i said before, based on available traction. Anywhere in between simply limits HOW MUCH wheel slip is available between the front and rear axles.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
hey olappa, do oyu only use your 55/45 setting on normal driving and shut it off at speeds under 15mph or so? I tried using it today and it was ok until i had to make a daggum turn in the parking lot... clunk clunk and felt like the diff was goin to lock up on me and stall my car. how do you deal with that?

Robert~

·
Registered
284 Posts
hi rob. i do it at the first arrow under lock, yes. and unless youre on enough power to keep it from locking up, in tight slow turns click the button back to auto (the DCCD "button," not the wheel) before your turn (or if you forgot and got caught in a bunch-up). youll know when to click on/off eventually no prob.
for example, i click off (into auto) before turning in my driveway or to the store parking space, but i can power through sharp 90 degree turns even from standstill in manual - obviously more practical while driving spiritedly than while cruising or parking.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ok cool, thansk for the tip, i was just like, man i hope my diff isnt screwing up on me. I'll try it again today, thanks again!

Robert~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts