IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Financing

hi all!

newB here. ok, i just recieved my 04' wrx sti. awesome car! but i noticed 2 odd things. 1) plastic bags around all 4 springs. is this normal? if not, can i just rip them off on a lift? if its normal, should i just leave the plastic bags? second odd thing. my dome light, or time clock do not work. is it cuz, there are no bulbs? or some defect? or i need to turn on some switch? i hope someone can help. ciao all! :wink:

·
Registered
382 Posts
the bags were supposed to come off at PDI, either do it yourself, or take it back and tell the dealer too. While you're there ask about the lights, they should be able to fix that.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ice Setup...

Reminds me of my S2000. Tehy all come with spacers on the springs for shipment. Dealers were forgetting to take them off, I found mine were on after about 300 miles driving with them in.. Dumb ass dealers

·
Registered
52 Posts
[email protected],

Also, check the bottom of your side sill spoiler pieces on the front. Most STi's are being scraped in shipment. One of mine was broke upon delivery. This is the best Impreza Subaru sells; use these mistakes to your advantage. Ask for free floormats or something as compensation. Be demanding, but professional. Hey, for $31k your STi should be perfect, right?

TerraJumper :)

PS. Don't forget these hang-ups when it comes around to the Subaru Survey. Instead of putting Dissatisfied on it, haggle with the dealer to see what he can do for you to get the dealership's rating (and bonuses) up. Everybody wins! :wink:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guyz,

thanks for the response. my personal mechanic and i solved all the problems. as for complaining about my dealership, i will, once the survey comes in. but for now, i'm just gonna enjoy my new STi!
p.s. is there a way to turn on my head lights without having the oil, & battery indicator come on? (ACC mode?) their is no ACC mode on my model. example: like listening to the radio without the battery on? thanks, ciao! :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
if you just want to turn the yellow corner lights on, flip the switch on the top of the steering column(remember to turn it off). To listen to the radio without the other lights coming on, turn the key to the first click.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Until I started working at Madison Square Subaru, no one knew about those strut bags. Now I take them off every one. I dont even own one yet! LOL I guess most people dont know what "attention to detail" means. Just rip them off carefully. The plastic is easy, but there are 2 rubber bands, and some cotton crap. I would try to get it all out. Someone asked if they could leave it on, but I wouldnt reccommend that. any moisture from a rainy day will not evaporate in the bag, and cause premature corrosion or paint damage.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Someone even took a picture of these bags on a similar thread awhile back...I'm doing a virus scan right now and so it'll be real slow to do a search...:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts