IW STi Forum banner

Planning to Race your STi???

4K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  ayS 
G
#1 ·
Anyone out there planning to race your STi? If so, please reply with the type of racing and typical locations.

ScoobyDo

#27 ·
ScoobyDo said:
Anyone out there planning to race your STi? If so, please reply with the type of racing and typical locations.

ScoobyDo
YES, YES AND YES!!! I will be racing the heck out of it. I will hopefully be doing my fourth One Lap of America in it in 2004. I will also have it at most of our local track events.

http://www.aarrf.com

It will make at leat one trip to the drags to see what it can do.

Check out http://www.racingforthechildren.org

if you want to see what I was racing before....

Later,

#28 ·
2003STI said:
MKIVSupra and FasStAsS_sTi -

I would be up for a track day or meet anywhere. Gingerman in MI is a perfect track for an STI. I am a member of the Windy City BMW club and I usually do their driving schools at Road America.

In short - I am going to drive the car like it was meant to be driven!
Hey, I just saw this post. Yeah, we will have to set something up. I have been to Gingerman a couple times with my Supra. I would not mind taking my STi out once or twice, but nothing I can do regularly since mine will be my daily driver. Can't risk wreaking it and it needs to last... at least till the next generation STi comes out. :wink: I wouldn't mind trying something in the dirty too. Nothing crazy where I catch air or anything though.

#29 ·
I will be doing some local autocross around the KC area. Also may join the lapping club at Mid America Motorsports and do plenty of hard driving up there.
Of course the local stoplights will also see some occasional action.

#31 ·
Autocross, in stock class (probably AS, but we'll see) for a while, then perhaps do some minor mods to go to SM (seats, ECU, Prodrive package, we'll see). Of course I may end up driving it stock for years.

I doubt I'll do any real road racing, but I plan to do some High Performance Driving Events and schools. No local tracks, so maybe Spokane and PIR. I've never done anything like that before (my Miata has no roll bar or hardtop, so most tracks don't want me), so it should be fun.

It is the daily driver, so it will see a few 0-60mph runs every day. Arguably I should ride my bike the 1 mile to work instead so I can fit in aftermarket or JDM seats...

#33 ·
SnowbordrWRX said:
SnowmanFX, exactly. I have no problems "babying" the car, esp during the break-in period, but when some cocky kid driving an F&F wannabe civic with a spoiler that looks like it came out of high school machine shop, then I gotta educate the fool. I got my WRX for snowboarding reasons so you know it's gonna see harsh conditions. The same will go for the STi whenever I can get my hands on one.
pretty much sums up what i am going to use my STi for, chumps on the road and getting through traffic! it's getting busy down here these days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.