IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am rebulding my block now and i have no idea witch pistons to get can someone help me?? people told me to get one of those CP vs JE vs Wiseco

·
Registered
172 Posts
CP is what i use, however alittle noisy because they have center drilled wrist pin holes rather than the offset ones to curb piston slap. Not sure but i believe the Wisecos are offset. All these 3 are good pistons and you will not have a problem w/ them

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Manley performance all the way. Im using their pistons, rods(h-beam plus), and valve springs in my build. They are 2618 forged pistons with offset wrist pin. I prefer the ACL bearings, at least on the rods, because they have the standard size with extra oil clearance available now. Clevite are fine for the mains. Otherwise OEM gaskets all the way. If you want a real quiet forged piston the mahle 4032 isn't a bad choice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i going to use in E85 and i am thinking to go with gt35r turbo or gt30r not sure yet witch one will get me there

·
Registered
352 Posts
clcik.

from what I read, Costhworth are the best, and expensive

Cp are among the most popular along with Wiesco and Manley.

Rods, Eagle are very popular and strong, and manley are a secondary. Carillo being the best

Bearings I'd use nothing other than Costhworth.

But am open for more info as I am planning a build for my new shortblock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts