IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the external logos are pink. Are they paint or stickers?

Just wondering if I can peel them or if I'll have to pay for a re-paint job.

(I'm secure in my manhood and all, but any pink on any car just seems quier to me.)

·
Registered
437 Posts
That's queer... and how juvenile. But yes, they are stickers. You should be able to go through the regular de-badge process and not have to worry about anyone questioning your sexual preference as you "blow" by them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BHODGES3 said:
not have to worry about anyone questioning your sexual preference as you "blow" by them.
It's not my sexual preference being questioned I'm worried about (hence the secure manhood remark) but my taste and maturity!

IMO: A car is a machine, not a art canvas or someones personal expression of creativity w/ the color wheel. Juvinille is driving around w/ pretty pastels and neons on a car-not tasteful-no respect to be had.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Re: little nitpicks

Stikya said:
IMO: A car is a machine, not a art canvas or someones personal expression of creativity w/ the color wheel.
Nod, so debadge that sucker so it starts working! I know I got at least 10bwp after debadging my civic. Of course this defies all www.beaterz.com logic.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
IMO....if the color of the STi badging bothers you, you have some real issues. The name, the background, the history.....STi is STi. To worry about pink....ya just don't get it.

Or....just as another option.....the standard WRX comes stripped of all nasty pink STi labels FREE from the factory!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SCCA Membership with WRX/STi??

CloNeGTS said:
IMO....if the color of the STi badging bothers you, you have some real issues. The name, the background, the history.....STi is STi. To worry about pink....ya just don't get it.
quote]

Everyone has issues about something. Anyone who says they don't, theirs is lying.

And you don't get it. Not everyone has your view point, and at times it does matter how you look to society.

I have more to worry about than just me-I'm a respectable adult w/ kids. And, yea, one of my issues happens to be that when I drive around, w/ or w/out my kids in the back, I want to appear like a grown up-not a punk kid who puts bright colors on their car for attention.

And while Suby-heads may know and appreciate the history of the (pink) STI, and know that it is a factory symbol, other people don't. So, to keep some assemblance of being grown-up, differentiating myself (as far as possible) from the neon green-trimmed Accord down the street, the pink has go to go.

Issues? It's personal taste choice and upkeeping a respectable appearance (something too many disregard these days).

And don't attempt to psycho-analyze me based the fact I don't want obnoxious "look-at-me" trim on my new car. I really do have the psych degree, baby, and you can't hang!

Furthermore, I was just expressing my personal opinion about the car's attributes and trying to gain info. on how to alter it (what the forum is about); that in no way should have prompted you to make a personal judgement on my mental soundness.

OK; I feel justified now. No hard feelings. :lol:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Well, when you start a thread by stating that something looks 'quier', and that something is generally accepted by all in the forum, you've got to expect the answers that you got.

If you search through this forum for 'debadging', or the NASIOC forums, you will find good info on removing the stickers.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Wowza...psychoanalysis huh? Fair enough.

Just for reference, I don't have kids but I am also someone that has to park my baby out in the lot with the rest of the engineers and managers. There are many of us here. So? It's your car. If someone looks at me funny....I'm gunna guess they aren't someone that wakes up early to listen to WRC radio on race weekends.

Fair enough....it's your car. Do as you please.

Question though...if you're worried about the pink stickers....and a 'respectable appearance' that doesn't match up with a 16 yr old Honda owner....whatcha gunna do with the scoop and wing? The pink is just the tip of the iceburg.

Just a side bar.....for someone who is professional and respectable...the cheap shots sure don't add to your accountability as such!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mx_9 said:
Well, when you start a thread by stating that something looks 'quier', and that something is generally accepted by all in the forum, you've got to expect the answers that you got.

If you search through this forum for 'debadging', or the NASIOC forums, you will find good info on removing the stickers.
Yea, I have to admit I thought it might stir up a little beef when I wrote it.... But, that is half the fun! I love the verbal confrontation.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Understood....I just hope the lack of face-to-face or voice-to-ear conversations doesn't allow emotions other than those intended to come across. That gets messy. I hope no one has taken things the wrong way with what has been said already......we're all here just to have fun.

Where's BHODGES's dancing dude when you need him???

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Stikya said:
mx_9 said:

Yea, I have to admit I thought it might stir up a little beef when I wrote it.... But, that is half the fun! I love the verbal confrontation.
Well, the moderators here have done their best to keep this as an informative forum as possible. Stimulation for the sake of informative opinion is good, but stimulation for the sake of argument is not good....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Which Xbox game to get?

Yea, the wing and scoop are troubling to me. But, I can almost justify those as necessary for performance. At a minimum, all other car enthusiasts can understand that, not just suby-ites.

And I feel I only made one cheap shot, exactly the number of shots I got. I'm a firm "eye for an eye" believer. :wink: I felt the rest of my rebuttal was merely justifying my points of view, concerning your response.

If I let an extra slip, I apologize, as I typically try to avoid low level personal attacks. Definitely no hard feelings on this end.

·
Registered
631 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
murley said:
Stikya said:
It's not my sexual preference being questioned I'm worried about (hence the secure manhood remark) but my taste and maturity!
CHECK THIS ONE OUT

Now, who's mature and gay, huh???

;)
Murley.....I thought you drove a Festiva?
Rob mannn, that was good! ;)

I'l have pics of that tonight!
:D

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Well, I was referring to comments that were in your initial post...which has since been removed. And you're right, "issues" wasn't the right word for me to use there.

For those of us that have SWRT flags hanging in our garages, we obviously have an overall different view of the styling of the car. When people first started talking about the scoop and the wing being 'rice-ish'.....it kinda took us all. We don't see a Civic with a parkbench for a wing.....we see Tommi and Petter.

But yeah...no hard feelings anywhere. Comments ALWAYS seem to come across the wrong way when the reader is sensitive to it.

BTW, where in KC are you? I just moved to the OP area. Car coming soon or do you have a while to wait?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CloNeGTS said:
BTW, where in KC are you? I just moved to the OP area. Car coming soon or do you have a while to wait?
I was 8th on Murley's (Lujack Subaru) list, and I believe only 1 has come in. So, I 7th, now, anticipating sometime in August or September.

I live in the Northland, just south of the airport. OP is nice, but pricey living.

We'll have to keep in touch and help each other out w/ mods and things, once we get the car. Maybe even a race or two would be fun...

·
Registered
886 Posts
I agree with the author of this post, Stikya. Pink is very questionable on a car and I don't think we should bark at people expressing extreme disgust or dislike at it--after all, in our society, is it not logical that most men would not like to have pink on their cars?

And I question people who are defending the pink STi logo to death because of heritage. If you want heritage go buy a Mercedes or an Audi.

I am buying this car because it gives me the best value for what I want in a car. I'm not buying it for 'heritage'. I'm buying it for its great performance, usability, and reliability. If there is a better value for what I want, then screw Subaru. I am not a loyalist but a pragmatist.

And I don't think that those fervent STi fanatics should be the ones firing heated questions and passionate accusations at those of us who question or express dislike for something on the car (which some people seem to think of as God.)

Let us all just be a group of people interested in the same thing and know that everyone doesn't feel the same way. Voltaire-esque, eh?

K, that's all I wanted to say. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts