IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STi screensaver, anyone know where I can find again?

i wanna get some sti lowering springs but, first want to see how much it lowers the car, because i don't want it too much lower, i like it the way it is, looks sweet, and on a side note, if i replace the headlights wit some jdm ones, will i need to get a HID kit also, even though the sti's already have them, also i want to upgrade mine to the s2000 look, anyone know where i can get some like that. white wit a hint of blue in them

thanks for ur help

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
?? which different jdm headlights were thinking of?? Im interested...

Robert~

·
Registered
260 Posts
sti-rule said:
.... also i want to upgrade mine to the s2000 look, anyone know where i can get some like that. white wit a hint of blue in them
I think what he means is that he wants xenon lites with the purplish-blue color. Are the JDM's xenon?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's what i want to know, because vivid racing is selling the jdm sti headlights, and a 8000K HID kit (installed on their project wrx II), but since the sti's come wit HIDs. i was wondering if anyone upgraded the bulbs to look white, i know that the sti and evo, HID turn yellowish shortly after warming up,

i've seen those pictures, and that's a bit too low for me, or maybe i can tell, because of the angle, i have seen the black sti wit lowering springs, and really liked it, are the springs adjustable??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
scuba steve, dude, where's ur wing, just my opinion, but that looks ugle, u need to replace it wit something, reg. wrx wing, or the sti carbon fiber wing is sweet too, to each his own though

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
scuba steve, u now anything about the HID lights i'm talking about, i ask because i noticed that u replaced ur headlights wit the jdm peices, did u do a direct swap, or upgrade the HID also??, someone please give me some info

·
Registered
804 Posts
STi -vs- 405hp Z06

sti-rule said:
scuba steve, u now anything about the HID lights i'm talking about, i ask because i noticed that u replaced ur headlights wit the jdm peices, did u do a direct swap, or upgrade the HID also??, someone please give me some info
I cleared them myself and it sounds like all you need to do is change your bulb to get the purple look.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Haha, and why was georgia left out from that list ?

Scuba_Steve said:
sti-rule said:
I cleared them myself and it sounds like all you need to do is change your bulb to get the purple look.
Indeed. . . ballasts are the same for different-temperature HID systems. Only the bulbs need changing, but they're the most expensive single component in the entire kit. :p

·
Registered
287 Posts
First of all I think it looks good.
How much of a difference was their?
What did you buy? Was it just the springs?
What other added on did you do?

Can you show some pictures before and after.
I wanna see come much the wheels come to the fenders.[/img]

·
Registered
804 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Scuba_Steve said:
Transporter_STi said:

All your questions could be answered if you just clicked the link in my original post. :lol:
http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3045
Thanks.
But all you did is springs right?
Did you need a chamber kit or anything like that?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Transporter_STi said:
Scuba_Steve said:
Transporter_STi said:

All your questions could be answered if you just clicked the link in my original post. :lol:
http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3045
Thanks.
But all you did is springs right?
Did you need a chamber kit or anything like that?
You have got to be kidding. Try clicking the link. Ok, I'll do it for you, try just reading then.

Finally received my STi pinks from Rallispec on Thursday and my Whiteline anti-lift kit from MastroWRX on Friday. Installed them both on Friday evening. Install went pretty smooth, the anti-lift kit was the most time consuming:mad: . I took it for a test drive and all I can say is . Everything works great, the ride is the same as stock if not a little smoother and the understeer is GONE! I'll be bringing it to a friend tomorrow for an alignment. I'm a happy camper . Now for the good stuff, before and after pics!

Alignment went well except for the left rear tire. I got the fronts and right rear at -1.15 camber and the right left is at 1.50, I need camber bolts to fix it but i don't think I'm going to worry about it. Toe is at 0.02 and caster went from 3.82 left front, 3.96 right front to 4.46 and 4.82. Drives and handles great, and my steering wheel is finally straight!

·
Registered
287 Posts
What is this: Whiteline anti-lift kit from MastroWRX ???
Are these STi springs made for the STi or an upgrade for the WRX?
The reason why I ask is because the STi is already lower than the WRX.

Sorry I need lots of explaining.

·
Registered
493 Posts
What makes you decide on STi Pink instead of Spec C
(Just want to know your thoughts.. I am still debating b/ the two)

Thanks,
Salaki

1 - 20 of 33 Posts