IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: tire shop troubles

Here are some pics of my winter set-up. I took them today at Killington - the car was a bit dirty from the access road. I have 17" Bronze Rota SDRs with Dunlop Wintersport M2s. I have yet to get them on real snow, but have been surprised by the performance and feel on dry pavement. Will report more upon the first snow test.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I was wondering what bronze would look like on the black. That is the combo I am thinking about. Nice.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I should have my bronze SDRs anyday now and hoping to get the winter tires mounted and balance so I can put them on over Thanksgiving Day weekend.

BTW, anyone still thinking about these better hurry. I had a tough time finding a place that still had them in stock. Pretty much the only thing available is bronze. One place just replied to me last night after a couple weeks and says they just got some silver ones in. I really wanted steel grey but no one had any and did not know a eta so instead of waiting and possibly getting stuck in the snow I went with the bronze. They will probably be dirty 95% of the time anyway.

·
Registered
51 Posts
BTW, anyone still thinking about these better hurry. I had a tough time finding a place that still had them in stock. Pretty much the only thing available is bronze. One place just replied to me last night after a couple weeks and says they just got some silver ones in. I really wanted steel grey but no one had any and did not know a eta so instead of waiting and possibly getting stuck in the snow I went with the bronze. They will probably be dirty 95% of the time anyway.
Thanks to a very annoying and drawn out situation I've ended up ordering two sets of Rota SDRs. (Long story short, the first place I ordered from was stalling and I wasn't sure if they were ever going to get me some wheels so I ordered some other ones and they both ended up shipping on the same day).

So I'll have a set of Bronze SDRs arriving early next week. If anybody is in need of these wheels I'll have a set. I'm in no way trying to make money off these, but I would be very happy if I could recover my money.

If anybody is tentatively interested in the set (tentatively since I have yet to get them) send me a PM and I'll get back to you. I live in northern Ontario (about 300km North of TO) so anybody in Ontario could get them quick.

Thanks guys, Pete.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been back and forth on whether to get a rack or not. For now I am just putting the deck behind the passenger seat. I am riding a 163 these days and it fits relatively well. I have a tarp covering the floor and seat. I think you could probably fit two boards but I have not tried yet

One thing I will say about the M2's is that they kick up quite a bit more mud than the RE070s. I know this one has been beat to death, but has anyone found Rally Flaps at a decent price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts