IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my STI front lip on. Also, I deleted the STI decals on the foglight covers. I think it cleans it up a bit. You really can't tell, but I had the grill painted the same java black pearl to match. Also have done the headlight de-chroming. Now I'm really needing those pink springs from Myles to help the look. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My attempt at displaying the painted grill. Notice the STI badge reflection. :D It blends in so much more now, that you hardly notice the grill at all!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Anyone have a Parts CD?

Very nice upgrade!!! I cant wait for my V-limited front lip. Myles told me it should be arriving here
in California by the end of the week...

·
Registered
865 Posts
HE probably used heat gun and just peeled them off. That ow i take decals off usually.. no way do u use a razorblade on ur car!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually...

I "slipped" into a ditch 3 weeks ago and scraped up the front bumper bad enough that it just needed to be replaced. So, I used to opportunity to upgrade the front lip instead of getting the others again. So, these are new foglight covers that I opted to keep clean. I got the stickers just incase I want to go back, but I don't think I will! I would like to do some sort of yellow Subaru "swoosh" emblem on the wing uprights, but that's another story. I while back, somebody took one of the STI stickers (like the foglight ones) and put it on the top roof, just above the rearview mirror. Tempting, but I just can't decide if that'll look kinda kid-ish.

Randy

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried to get a shot during the daytime. Still not the best, but maybe let's you see it just a hair better.

Randy

·
Registered
586 Posts
:eek: Wow that's hot!
How difficult is it to install the JDM lip? How much of the USDM lip is actually replaced? And are there any needed modifications to the mounting brackets/points?
Thanks

·
Registered
586 Posts
doublej said:
HE probably used heat gun and just peeled them off. That ow i take decals off usually.. no way do u use a razorblade on ur car!
"Heat Gun" = hair dryer ;)
Heat until the sticker bubbles slightly then slowly peel off while continuing to heat. After sticker is off, use "Goop" or other non-pumice hand cleaner to remove the glue residue.

And never use a razor blade to remove stickers from anywhere other than glass windows.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Headlight de-chroming? Can someone post a link on that?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
When it is lowered it will improve the look substantially. Let us know how the scrapeage is with this new one. Does it hang lower or further out than those STI lips on the left and right? I scrape those so any lower or further out may not be good in my case.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far, no rubbing. I'm being very careful with it though. I think I have 3/4 inch or so less clearance than before. I know w/ the pinks, it'll be even worse.

The lip only replaces the two side pieces that have the nubs and lower chin extensions. It is applied with supplied double sided foam tape (my body shop replaced it with better stuff) and a few tabs to secure with screws that are in stock locations. Remember this is the stock Subaru piece from Japan, so it slaps right on. Even came painted and matched perfect. (I guess just 'cause it's stock in Japan doesn't mean it'll be easy! Look at the foglights!)

I learned my razorblade lesson the hard way on my old WRX. Put a few scratches in it when trying to remove the dealer logo sticker off the trunk.

On the headlight thing... do a search for "headlights oven". That'll find it!

Randy

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
need an answer quickly!

PS... the tire track isn't mine in that last picture! My work adjoins a bar... so we find these sorts of things the next morning... :roll:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
nopiston, thanks for posting the pics...VERY NIICE! When you get your Pinks on, it won't be too much worse as far as clearance. If you haven't driven a lowered car before you will still be fine with the front lip and the Pink springs together, just be careful. I've driven lowered cars ever since I started driving so I am always paranoid. I'd be more cautious of the concrete parking stops than anything.

love the lip, now we're twins.. :D

^^^those pics are with the Pink springs too...see, it's not too low. :wink:

-Matt

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
STiWILL,
Your pictures are what convinced me to do the lip in the first place!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I love this thread. Both of the STi's listed look so good with their front lip!!! Once I get my V-limited lip, Ill post it on here as well. :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
nopiston- I'm glad I was your main influence on the lip! :wink: It looks AWESOME on the Java Black without question! Now hurry up and get the Pinks to complete the look!

Vader2k said:
Once I get my V-limited lip, Ill post it on here as well. :)
Yah you BETTER post pics of the V-limited Vader! :D

-Matt

1 - 20 of 30 Posts