IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I live in France, and I just got my STI one week ago. As requested, I post some pics...more to come if you are interested.

There you go :) ... and believe me, even if this is not the 2l5 turbo engine but the 2l turbo, this is a hell of a car :)

Nico

M

·
0 Posts
That is a sweet photo location!

Nice car, I like the Euro license plate on the front, :)

And gold / silver.. such a nice combo and so rare

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
hi nicof. it looks very sweet. thanks for posting your pics. congrats on the car. how rare are they in france/europe? i was in germany a couple times this year, and i don't recall seeing one wrx, much less an sti. is the object in the passenger seat an option from the dealer? ;) also, do you all have the HID headlights? did you have any luck finding an online manual for the euro car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spring Rates and Car Weight

4MLA1FN said:
hi nicof. it looks very sweet. thanks for posting your pics. congrats on the car.
No problem...my pleasure :)

4MLA1FN said:
how rare are they in france/europe? i was in germany a couple times this year, and i don't recall seeing one wrx, much less an sti.
I couldn't say. To what I've been told, there are around 5000 Impreza in France (GT, WRX, STI7, STI8). It's probably the reason why you didn't met one in your trips to Germany :)

4MLA1FN said:
is the object in the passenger seat an option from the dealer? ;)
Nope...just my wife....and my 1 month old baby on the rear seats :)

4MLA1FN said:
also, do you all have the HID headlights?
What do you mean ? behing the STI covers ? ... WRX have Fog Lights...but not STI.

4MLA1FN said:
did you have any luck finding an online manual for the euro car?
No...that's a pity...I guess I am going to use your script to download the 2004 STI service manual...and modify it a little to also download the 2004 WRX service manual. Using both of them, I should be able to handle it.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
NicoF said:
ah, another person carrying kids in their sti. i haul two around (6.5yrs and 23mos) .

NicoF said:
What do you mean ? behing the STI covers ?
no, your headlights; the ones that are on in the picture. are they high intensity discharge lamps? they're very bright and give a very white light. the US model has HID, but the canadian version does'nt. see if you have a headlight level control near the intercooler spray switch; it's a four-position rotary switch. if you do, then you've got HIDs. if not, then no.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4MLA1FN said:
NicoF said:
ah, another person carrying kids in their sti. i haul two around (6.5yrs and 23mos) .
sure...one funny thing about it : as you might have understood, my car is brand new...so, I'm not pushing to hard on throttle. But, for my pleasure, I tried once to push 1 - 2 -3 gears up to 5500 r/min with my little boy behind. He was completly in panic, wawing his arms in the air :D ...

4MLA1FN said:
NicoF said:
What do you mean ? behing the STI covers ?
no, your headlights; the ones that are on in the picture. are they high intensity discharge lamps? they're very bright and give a very white light. the US model has HID, but the canadian version does'nt. see if you have a headlight level control near the intercooler spray switch; it's a four-position rotary switch. if you do, then you've got HIDs. if not, then no.
Ok, I get it now :) ... I have this rotary switch you're talking about...so, I probably have HID :wink:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well, you can find out in the manual or something, if they give off any orange, they aren't but just because they have the rotary switch doesn't mean anything. Maybe you refer to it as Xenons?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Wow, beautiful STi. Congrats on your new ride. Plus I love the pics. Awesome looking waters behind your car. :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
dmacalot said:
anyone else notice the side marker, or is it just me? did it come like that from the factory?
European Subies have the side marker, and notice that there's no orange reflector on the side of the headlights.

That's definitely factory.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Last night I posted about how those sidemarkers are required in Japan and also most of Europe. I also attached a pic of a 2004 JDM-Spec Corvette with side markers. Did my post get deleted??

Edit: Anyways, here is the pic of the JDM Corvette from the Japanese Corvette site.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Dam I can't see the pic!
Hopefully this is a joke! This guy prob doesnt even have this car anymore since this thread was started 5 years ago!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts