IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the crosspost, but the SoCal forum here is pretty dead, and since this is just a bunch of pics, I thought it'd be alright to post here.

Original thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1060069

The meet was pretty big. Tons of great cars, nice vendors, models, familiar faces, free food/drinks, and fantastic raffle prizes, including a set of Prodrive wheels.

Anyway, enjoy!

-Mike

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was EDO Performance's car with the Zero/Sports full body kit. Tons of other goodies on that car, but those pics came out blurry. Too much vinyl on the car's sides, though, which I didn't take pictures of. The only shot I got of the rear bumper was this one:

-Mike

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Parker said:
every single shot is horribly overexposed
I do that on purpose to make the images pop a bit... it's a fun, outdoor car show, so I wanted to mess around with these. Could they be more subtle? Sure. But I don't want my shots to look like everyone else's, either.

-Mike

·
Administrator
8,373 Posts
theres a big difference between wanting your images to pop and them being very harsh on the eyes. I, too, want my images to look different from others but there is only a small limit I can stay within that'll keep my images looking good. overexposing portions of a shot in order to make your subject stand out or "pop" is different than your entire shot being overexposed.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^ Thanks for the nice comments, guys.

Parker said:
theres a big difference between wanting your images to pop and them being very harsh on the eyes. I, too, want my images to look different from others but there is only a small limit I can stay within that'll keep my images looking good. overexposing portions of a shot in order to make your subject stand out or "pop" is different than your entire shot being overexposed.
That picture you posted looks like **** on my monitor... sick, green, dark garbage. And therein lies the problem with images meant to be viewed online. There is so much variance with people's monitors that even if something looks good and is perfectly calibrated on your side, others won't see it that way.

My benchmark for our world is Armin, and like I've said before, I'm still researching and learning more about how to take better base pictures.

-Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.