IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw my car at the dealer today during lunch and will be picking it up tonight after they prep the car.

WRB with Gold wheels. I'll try to post pictures later.

It's suddenly seems like it is going to be a nice summer!

·
Registered
26 Posts
What dealer??? My dealer in Lansing said they got a Bule/Gold in today but it was not mine :cry: . I was #2 on the list for that combo. He said he was expecting another some time late June, which would then go to me. :lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I drove the car home tonight and I must say it was very nice. The ride is much more comfortable than I had expected. It is firm, you know when you went over a pothole, but it is not jarringly so. Turn in seems quite accurate and responsive with a nicely weighted wheel. The seats are also better than I had expected.

The sound the car makes is very nice at turnover and relatively quiet at idle. Due to the 4000-rpm break-in recommendation I have not come close to being able to say how powerful it is, but the torque just seems to be getting interesting about the time you need to back off at 4000. Short shifting at 2500 rpm into 4th and even 5th gear still enables you out pace traffic however. Easily as comfortable loafing in high gear as my VR6 GTi was.

Tire noise is also noticeable and without a stereo it could be my only gripe with the car in the long run as a daily driver. Once I install a decent sound system this minor issue should be diminished.

CloNeGTS:
Here is a picture just for you pal! Sorry for only having one shot and for the stupid picture but our digital camera battery decided it needed to be charged. I'll try and post more soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smig,
I worked with East Imports (used to be "Go Dealer Group"). They were fantastic and very helpful during the whole ordering process.

They are getting 5 cars since they are the #1 dealer in the state. The first three that arrived this week were WRB/gold (mine) and two Silver/Silver cars that were spoken for as well. They are due to get both a black and a white car next week. After that I assume they will be limited to one a month until SOA stops shipping the MY04's.

I hope you get your car soon. The feeling you get driving it home after waiting for so long is pretty good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here you go..... I ordered a black with silver wheels on 5/10 (7th on the list). Per Dion, I stopped by the dealer on 5/27 to check out the delivery of the first in their allotment . I congratulated you and took a photo! Enjoy it for your scrapbook if you so choose.

My wife chuckled at me while taking photos.......like a big kid in a candy store!!!

East Imports just faxed confirmation yesterday for week of 7/7 delivery. I can't wait. Classic Stereo will install sound before I pick up. Have you got some sound yet? We will have to hook up some time in GR for a Sat. morning coffee sometime and compare notes. Anybody else in GR you no of with Sti?

Have a good one............[/list]

[edit by moderator: image reduced for easier browsing]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts