IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened. I traded in the '02 WRX and picked up the '07 Limited STi last night- Urban Grey, number 129 of 800.

I am still in awe, the car is SO nicely put together- the leather feels great, the black interior is SO smooth, the v-lip finishes off the front end really nicely, I LOVE the rear lip, and the color is... well, perfect. I'm still very nervous driving her, I feel like a new dad or something.

My initial impressions driving the car are very very positive. Coming from the '02 WRX, the ride quality, the steering feel, the braking, and the overall feel of the car are just in a completely different league. And I of course haven't gotten into what the car is capable of AT ALL (I have yet to take her above 4k- gotta break her in easy!), I can feel her wanting to pull already.

This is the perfect car for me! I am used to more of a luxury feel in my cars, but driving the WRX, I fell in love with the speed and handling- now I get the best of both worlds, and I couldn't be happier.

I've been looking around on IW for a while now, great site, great people, great advice and general knowledge. I've been really impressed, thanks to all :tup:.

Pics to come!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
congrats!!! :clap:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
:mad: Will someone please buy a Satin White limited STI so I can see some pix! Oh, and congrats on your new purchase :D

·
Drive True
6,829 Posts
:tup: congrats! You really got more cowbell!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to all!

Do you plan on doing any mods eventually or leaving it stock?
Well, I caught the mod bug with my WRX, (Perrin UP, Perrin DP, Hayame exhaust, Kartboy SS...) and I am planning on the Cobb SS, Whiteline f&r sways, Cobb AP... but as far as engine upgrades, I'll have to wait and see. Something tells me I'll cave in sooner or later...

How is the ride quality? Have you rode in an STi prior?
I've never ridden in an STi prior, I plan on doing a comparison soon (in an acquaintances '04), but the ride quality is excellent so far. I don't really feel the small bumps (which were a constant annoyance in my WRX) and the big bumps happen and then they're done. I love it!

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe we already have some pictures of your car (#129) from SubieGal
I know, I saw that... It's funny, the big sign that said "SOLD" and my last name aren't in those pics...

As far as the Satin White, my sales guy says they're getting one in later this month, and it's not reserved yet. Someone's gonna get lucky!

Thanks again, I'll keep you guys (and gals) posted!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I want to see the white I havent seen it in person yet

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Cobb Downpipe and Cobb AccessPORT stage 2 would make that car about perfect for a daily driver where you don't want to worry about ANYTHING. It will be a limited STI with the power and smoothness like it should have been right off the showroom floor. The quality of the Cobb parts is very nice (keeping with the whole limited thing) and keeping your stock catback will keep the sound volume way down :)

t

·
Premium Member
14,740 Posts
Very nice...take pics...can't wait to see this thing modd'ed out!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts