IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advance Auto Parts had a good price on the silverstars and having read how others have replaced the stock high beam bulbs with them, I decided to pick up a pair. Waited until dark, installed one on the passenger side, turned on my highs, and stepped back to have a look. It looked exactly the same as the stock high beam bulb on the driver's side. Actually, the stockers are made by slyvania and wouldn't surprise me if there were 'oem' silverstars.

Has anyone tried the Sylvania Cool Blue bulbs, and if so how well do they match to the color of the HIDs? I know the Silverstars are supposed to be 'whiter', but they don't match at all with the HIDs.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
No halogen will match the look of HIDs. That's like saying you are looking for a filament bulb to look like flourescent.

Cool blues are very similar to the SilverStars. I've used both and prefer the SilverStars.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i have the silverstars, and they are a bunch whiter than the stock bulbs, probably a bit brighter, i do like the fact that they are a lot closer to the hid color...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the PIAA Xtreme White Plus. When itially turned them on it did not look like they are any different than the oem bulbs....but then after a day of use they acutally looked brighter when i pulled up to my garage door. Maybe its just me hehe.

Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts