IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay... so i bought a used 2005 sti... they said that the car had the perrin modified injectors on it. i have been getting fuel cut under load. so... i called cobb and talked to one of their techs and he advised me to replace said injectors with the stock ones. so... i bought some used stock injectors and just installed them... do the perrin injectors have anything to distinguish them from the stock injectors by looking at them? could someone post a pic of the two together? or just let me know how to tell the difference... cause they are both the exact same by looking at them.

thanks in advance.

scott

· Premium Member
4,423 Posts
The stock injectors have 12 small holes in the tip. Here is a picture of my stock injectors ...

http://www.bescaredracing.com/sti/fuel/injectors/stock/DSC05979.JPG

The perrin modified injectors will not have those 12 small holes because that thin plate with the holes is removed.

It sounds to me like you just replaced a set of stock injectors with another set of stock injectors. Furthermore, you would immediately know if there was an injector change because the stock ECU will not work with Perrin Modified injectors and an ECU programmed for Perrin Injectors will not work with the stock injectors. In both cases, if you attempt to drive the car it would run REALLY bad. If by chance your car does run REALLY bad, then stop and park it. You can easily melt your motor when running stock injectors on an ecu programmed for perrin modified injectors.

t

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WolfPlayer said:
The stock injectors have 12 small holes in the tip. Here is a picture of my stock injectors ...

http://www.bescaredracing.com/sti/fuel/injectors/stock/DSC05979.JPG

The perrin modified injectors will not have those 12 small holes because that thin plate with the holes is removed.

It sounds to me like you just replaced a set of stock injectors with another set of stock injectors. Furthermore, you would immediately know if there was an injector change because the stock ECU will not work with Perrin Modified injectors and an ECU programmed for Perrin Injectors will not work with the stock injectors. In both cases, if you attempt to drive the car it would run REALLY bad. If by chance your car does run REALLY bad, then stop and park it. You can easily melt your motor when running stock injectors on an ecu programmed for perrin modified injectors.

t
thanks man... sounds to me like i have been lied to by the dealer.... time to take action... the dealer was carousel motors in iowa city, IA... i have names if anyone wants to know who not to deal with......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.