IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is anyone using a 3-hole pillar with 52mm gauges in them?
I would prefer to see the MadDad Clarity V2 amber ones, but others will do :cool:

Also, when uninstalling the factory boost gauge pod, are you left with a big hole where it used to be or anything?
If so, did anyone find something to plug it with so it looks better?

I need to get gauges soon and I already had a 2-hole pillar that I was debating on using and keeping the stock boost gauge, but after giving it some thought I'd rather get rid of the factory boost gauge (which I don't like anyway).
I noticed MadDad has a deal where you can get a boost, egt, and oil pressure or temp for around 350 bucks and they look identicle to the amber Defi's.
I also have the AVC-R which has peak recall anyway for boost, so the fact that the MadDad boost gauge doesn't have a peak recall is not a problem.
Are there any downsides to these gauges besides the fact that the boost gauge doesn't recall?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kts262 said:
stock boost gauge pod will leave you with 2 holes in your steering rack trim.

your best bet if you are selling it is to swapl the stock gauge w/ pod and the steering rack trim piece to someone for a stock undrilled steering column and some cash.
Oh yea, I never thought about that.
Thanks

·
Registered
873 Posts
pt518sti said:
Is anyone using a 3-hole pillar with 52mm gauges in them?
I would prefer to see the MadDad Clarity V2 amber ones, but others will do :cool:

Also, when uninstalling the factory boost gauge pod, are you left with a big hole where it used to be or anything?
If so, did anyone find something to plug it with so it looks better?

I need to get gauges soon and I already had a 2-hole pillar that I was debating on using and keeping the stock boost gauge, but after giving it some thought I'd rather get rid of the factory boost gauge (which I don't like anyway).
I noticed MadDad has a deal where you can get a boost, egt, and oil pressure or temp for around 350 bucks and they look identicle to the amber Defi's.
I also have the AVC-R which has peak recall anyway for boost, so the fact that the MadDad boost gauge doesn't have a peak recall is not a problem.
Are there any downsides to these gauges besides the fact that the boost gauge doesn't recall?
The MadDad V2 Ti gauges are actually look different(and they won't be out till the end of october). There are still a few MadDad Clarity V1 gauges available. They were $299.95 for Boost, EGT, and Oil Pressure in our US measurements (PSI and F.). They had a baby defi look to them. While that nice, the V2 Ti's actualy look like the factory cluster much more than the Defi. Although the V2 Ti's won't be out till the end of October we will be a production ready set for show and tell the end of next week so we'll post those to the forum when we get the pics. The V2 Ti's are more like defi with their internal operation as they use CPU stepper motor driven needle movement and having warning lamps(preset) built in.

Rich

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
daddysscp said:
The MadDad V2 Ti gauges are actually look different(and they won't be out till the end of october). There are still a few MadDad Clarity V1 gauges available. They were $299.95 for Boost, EGT, and Oil Pressure in our US measurements (PSI and F.). They had a baby defi look to them. While that nice, the V2 Ti's actualy look like the factory cluster much more than the Defi. Although the V2 Ti's won't be out till the end of October we will be a production ready set for show and tell the end of next week so we'll post those to the forum when we get the pics. The V2 Ti's are more like defi with their internal operation as they use CPU stepper motor driven needle movement and having warning lamps(preset) built in.

Rich
Oh ok, thanks.
I must've looked at the wrong ones.
Do you happen to have a direct link to the ones that you currently are selling?
I've actually changed my mind (again) about the triple pod setup.. instead I'm thinking I may just do the 3-in-a-row style where the clock is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts