IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
lol, that will be next as soon as I save up enough money to pay for the UTEC (since I have no clue when its coming out, heard everyting from november - january)... I dont want to put garrett at WOP or anyone in a jam by not having the cash, so as soon as I save up enough (a month) for both then I will let you know, sorry I cant be of any more help -- broke college student :cry: --

Robert~

Also I dont know about the whole dual muffler (im not sure if they make asingle or not, havent looked). I know I will for a fact be running the downpipe they make (I like their divorced wastegate setup), but for the exhaust cat back section, I might go with APS (probably my VERY close next favorite high quality company).

One thing that bugs me about perrin's exhaust stuff if that they say they dont even have a catted downpipe, when i've seen em before on webpages and such... but I dun know, maybe they just stopped making them or something *shrug*?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Yeah, they stopped making the catted DP because they said it was not cost effective and they did not sell that many. Sucks because that is the one I wanted.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya I guess it wouldn tbe since it was like $500 for a dp... :( o well, Im starting to lean towards the APS 3" catted tbexhaust system, as I would rather not be obnoxiously loud. If I can find a deal on one I might go with their 3.5" tbe, but that seems like i'd lose a lot of backpressure/torque(or more response i should say). So I dont know what im doin yet.

Robert~

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THX STi_high

I found that after I had already posted my question. The APS looks pretty good, but I would still rather get the Perrin. It's just that Perrin doesn't have their downpipe with a high flow cat. I wonder if you could mate the APS downpipe w/ cat to Perrin's cat-back? Hmmmmm. Maybe it would work!

-Connor

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Im sure it would work, you might want to just look around for a store with a perrin dp w/cat , as I have seen some. If not just try your idea then. Good luck and be sure to grab some pics/clips if you can! Thanks!

Robert~

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I just got off the phone with Tuan over at GT Motorsports, and I think that I'm either going to go with the APS 3" w/ cat TBE or the APS 3.5" no cat TBE. The only problems with the 3.5" is, of course, the lack of a cat, so it's going to be CEL city and it's LOUD. I wish that the UTEC would hurry up and come out. :(

·
Registered
284 Posts
yeah, the aps guy himself recommended the catted 3'' also. unless youre going to mate it with some other heavy mods, of course :wink: wait till SEMA to see whats out there.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
did u see on that site APS has now fitted the STi with a SR50 turbo and now it is making [email protected] and it run a [email protected] not too bad for early testing. read it on the site, but they mensioned how this turbo is spooling earlier then the stock unit and is pulling hard past 5600rpm and not dropping off like the stock unit.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
oh they added their 3.5" with the SR50 too :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts